The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

8 hours ago, banjodeano said:

go away and google the labour party membership numbers, then google momentum membership numbers, sit down with a cup of tea, perhaps a hobnob as well, then have a think about it and then come back

Tea and hobnobs consumed, 

How Momentum could move Corbyn towards Brexit referendum.

The FT's chief political correspondent Jim Pickard talks to Labour's grassroots pressure group Momentum and pro- and anti-Brexit MPs about a petition for a second referendum which could move leader Jeremy Corbyn towards a softer Brexit policy.

Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Shift within grassroots movement may persuade Labour to support referendum on deal.

Momentum are turning the thumbscrews on Saint Jeremy, softly, softly catchee monkey.

Angel1. 

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Tea and hobnobs consumed, 

How Momentum could move Corbyn towards Brexit referendum.

The FT's chief political correspondent Jim Pickard talks to Labour's grassroots pressure group Momentum and pro- and anti-Brexit MPs about a petition for a second referendum which could move leader Jeremy Corbyn towards a softer Brexit policy.

Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Shift within grassroots movement may persuade Labour to support referendum on deal.

Momentum are turning the thumbscrews on Saint Jeremy, softly, softly catchee monkey.

Angel1. 

I dont think any influence is coming from momentum, i think the influence is coming from the Blairites, that i believe is where any pressure is coming from, Corbyn has shown weakness by telling them not to do one...i honestly cant get my head round all this "momentum is pulling the strings", you only have to look at the numbers, momentum has a membership of 30.000 whereas the labour party has a 500.0000 membership, i am not arguing with you for the sake of it, but i just cant see how they hold much power

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Corbyn will never oppose Brexit.

He was screwed the day that footage of him speaking in Ireland surfaced.

8 hours ago, Obelix said:

I'm sorry Anna, when you can be bothered to reply to any of my points, which do go back many years, I'll consider looking at things you want to raise.

Well you've not answered the first point about why entryism isnt democracy. When you do then I'll consider debating with you.

No worries. I have no intention of responding to your hectoring or bullying.  And my statement doesn't require you to look into anything

Edited by Anna B

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Again in the interests of rreducing the amount of fake news on this forum as well as being fair to Corbyn, he has never met with Hammas, the IRA or Hezbollah.

And before we waste anymore bandwidth on this, can people resist the temptation to post links to pictures and reports of Corbyn attending events with Palestinian leaders or members of Sinn Fein. This has been done to death.

Are you saying the widespread news reports, where he held meetings with Hamas in London are lies? A quick google, gives dozens of news reports from mainline, non-extreme sources, saying he did.

Channel 4 gives this report about his IRA comments and meetings

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

Is that fake news too?

I think you forgot to answer this.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

Are you saying the widespread news reports, where he held meetings with Hamas in London are lies? A quick google, gives dozens of news reports from mainline, non-extreme sources, saying he did.

Channel 4 gives this report about his IRA comments and meetings

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

Is that fake news too?

I think you forgot to answer this.

A quick google search will also show he was a communist spy as well...

plus the link you provided doesnt actually show anything about him meeting the IRA, you could point it out though if you want

Edited by banjodeano

Just now, banjodeano said:

well, point me in the direction where it says he met the IRA, its your link not mine, i am saying i cant see it on that link

So Corbyn has never met any person from the IRA, or hamas? He didn't invite them to meetings? It was all lies? Is that what you are saying?

He wouldn't meet somebody like that, and he wouldn't go in a brexit meeting with Chukka Umunna?