The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

On 26/07/2019 at 23:18, Longcol said:

Has the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotment Society done anything of note in the last couple of weeks / months / since the last election?

He went to speak to fracking protesters near Blackpool - ignoring several public and private invitations from Cuadrilla to actually come on site and take a look around to see how "dangerous" it is as he claims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-49162336

Another shot in the foot for him because many locals are sick of these protesters blocking the road.

21 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Another shot in the foot for him because many locals are sick of these protesters blocking the road.

I would say that the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway.

We have recently had a number of days where the grid has been powered exclusively by non fossil fuel produced electricity. Fracking, like coal burning, should remain firmly in the past.

Corbyn is right to support the local people and not the private companies trying to exploit this method of fossil fuel production.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I would say that the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway.

We have recently had a number of days where the grid has been powered exclusively by non fossil fuel produced electricity. Fracking, like coal burning, should remain firmly in the past.

Corbyn is right to support the local people and not the private companies trying to exploit this method of fossil fuel production.

Since when is natural gas not a fossil fuel? 

8 hours ago, alchresearch said:

He went to speak to fracking protesters near Blackpool - ignoring several public and private invitations from Cuadrilla to actually come on site and take a look around to see how "dangerous" it is as he claims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-49162336

Take a trip to Woodsetts or Marsh Lane to see how popular fracking is.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think you may have to revisit the source of your misguided statement.

Here is the only fact I can find.  "Britain records first coal-free week since the Victorian era, thanks to gas, nuclear power and renewables"

Angel1.