The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

17 minutes ago, apelike said:

I don't know but find it hard to believe that he doesn't, as said he or any PM will be guided by its generals who would advise him.

But he hasn’t had nick Robinson grilling him over it though has he?

Speaking of hard to believe, I’d normally find it hard to believe that a PM doesn’t know his own brexit plan (May, for her many many faults knew hers) but he doesn’t.

3 hours ago, apelike said:

She even tried to evade other questions on the use of Nukes by a Labour government:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1202769/Piers-Morgan-emily-Thornberry-ITV-GMB-latest-news-general-election-2019

You can always rely on Piers Moron to moot the possibility of a future Labour Government wiping out a substantial part of the population on Armistice Day :hihi:

46 minutes ago, apelike said:

The UK alone does not have enough capacity to win if it attempted to launch a preemptive strike against Russia so to attempt to do so would be suicide. 

We would launch a retaliatory strike if we were attacked. Let’s say for the sake of argument it was Russia it would still lead to the destruction of most of their major cities. And we wouldn’t be on our own.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I don't think you understand how it all works as that is basically an impossible scenario. It's the top military Generals who would advise the PM of the day what they think should be done so will already know what targets will be hit. The PM does not get to choose what those targets will be as that is done but his generals but he does get to choose whether to hit them or not. Hesitation could mean whether any incoming missiles would be wiped out or not.

i undestand very much how they work, they are designed to hold BUT NOT use, as the old saying goes...NOBODY wins a nuclear war (everybody gets hit), mutally assured destruction

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I don't think you understand how it all works as that is basically an impossible scenario. It's the top military Generals who would advise the PM of the day what they think should be done so will already know what targets will be hit. The PM does not get to choose what those targets will be as that is done but his generals but he does get to choose whether to hit them or not. Hesitation could mean whether any incoming missiles would be wiped out or not.

You know that our missiles are rather hard to find and wipe out yes?