The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

From Mail online. Not good for St Jeremy is it Labour supporters.

Jeremy Corbyn questions Israel's right to exist and says the BBC is 'biased' in favour of Jewish state in shocking 2011 video from Iranian TV that re-ignites the Labour anti-Semitism row

• He spoke to Tehran-backed Press TV - since banned from operating in the UK
  • He attacks the British broadcaster's coverage of issues in the Middle East
  • He said: 'I think there is a bias towards saying ... that Israel has a right to exist'

Maybe Corbyn should be removed asap, while there is still a wee chance of a Labour Victory in the forthcoming GE. With him at the helm, Labour is doomed.

Angel1.

from Mailonline. LOL

Edited by nikki-red

On 27/11/2019 at 23:09, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, clamp down on any genuine racism, certainly, but pandering to a campaign which has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with an attempt to undermine his party is not real leadership. 

He should have told Andrew Neil to do one and called the Chief Rabbi out for using his position for personal political reasons. That would be real leadership and go some way to dispelling his image of being indecisive.

It is not that Corbyn has an image of being decisive, he is! He is the consumate ditherer waiting to see which way things are going before supporting that idea.

On 28/11/2019 at 12:40, max said:

I don't think I've heard or seen Mr Corbyn blame anyone.

Your tagline ' UK debt now £1,920 billion. It was £700 billion in 2010. Tories, who lied they were paying it down, close to TRIPLING it. Safe with economy? ' Corbyn is going to borrow to pay for his pet projects that we will then have to pay for. That makes no sense at all.

23 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Did labour cause the global crash?

Did you answer the first two questions?

On 28/11/2019 at 15:23, banjodeano said:

The media got the people against him from day one, you can not deny that.. but I do agree he has played brexit very badly, very badly, a shame really

Re: Brexit, I disagree. None of the parties is able to get a deal through the House of Commons, (unless possibly if Boris wins an overwhelming majority which I doubt,) as the parties will vote against any deal on principle, and a no-deal option has been banned by law. Therefore Labour is offering the only viable alternative;

Negotiate a deal and put it before the people to decide.

Seems the only sensible solution with a chance of bringing the whole mess to a conclusion. 

Edited by Anna B

7 hours ago, Sammax said:

It is not that Corbyn has an image of being decisive, he is! He is the consumate ditherer waiting to see which way things are going before supporting that idea.

Your tagline ' UK debt now £1,920 billion. It was £700 billion in 2010. Tories, who lied they were paying it down, close to TRIPLING it. Safe with economy? ' Corbyn is going to borrow to pay for his pet projects that we will then have to pay for. That makes no sense at all.

Did you answer the first two questions?

People don't seem to have got this at all. It's not all about borrowing. Labour's plans are fully costed. Tax receipts will cover most of it, but Labour will not necessarily be borrowing the rest from the commercial private banks (even though the interest rates are currently low.) Corbyn intends to create a National bank funded by Government bonds (in other words an in-house nationalised bank) which will be used for investment in local business and infrastructure. This takes a lot of the power away from the big banks - the big banks that caused the Global Financial crash, and is what has got the Global elite in such a panic. They will lose their strangle hold, and will do anything to stop Corbyn's Labour being elected.

It is a strategy that has the approval of several well known economists.  

Edited by Anna B

6 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:
  •   Maybe Corbyn should be removed asap, while there is still a wee chance of a Labour Victory in the forthcoming GE. With him at the helm, Labour is doomed.

Rightly or wrongly, most voters neither know nor care about Palestine or the State of Israel.

It is Corbyn’s pro-Brexit stance which is damaging Labour! The time to get rid of him was last September at Labour’s conference.

46 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Rightly or wrongly, most voters neither know nor care about Palestine or the State of Israel.

It is Corbyn’s pro-Brexit stance which is damaging Labour! The time to get rid of him was last September at Labour’s conference.

There is no mechanism to do that.

So, you either back him, or let Johnson in.

That might be a bleak choice, but ....

If Corbyn doesn't win this election, I think he will go. Then there will be another battle for the heart and soul of the Labour party. This is possibly the last chance for people to have a government 'for the many, not the few.' I really don't want to see it revert to Blairite LabourLite. 

Edited by Anna B