The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Just now, max said:

Chris Peace has a Facebook page with  details of her campaign, etc. Chris has not been beamed into NE Derbyshire, she was a councillor here in Sheffield for a while but stood down this year in order to concentrate on your constituency. 

As I stated, leaflets have a short shelf life and it's impossible to  contain everything. However, if you're as interested in the candidates as you say can I suggest you contact her office to find out more? 

I had a look through her Facebook, didn’t get a huge amount more if I’m honest. Chances are she’ll get my vote anyway - best of a bad lot and all that. Oddly the labour chap who actually knocked on my door and did his best to answer my questions (which I liked and thought he did pretty well)  a few weeks ago didn’t even mention th candidates name and I didn’t ask. When did she decide to run?

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I had a look through her Facebook, didn’t get a huge amount more if I’m honest. Chances are she’ll get my vote anyway - best of a bad lot and all that. Oddly the labour chap who actually knocked on my door and did his best to answer my questions (which I liked and thought he did pretty well)  a few weeks ago didn’t even mention th candidates name and I didn’t ask. When did she decide to run?

It was shortly after Natasha Engles lost her seat in 2017 but I'm not sure when Chris actually got selected.

18 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Those Labour numbers are roughly the same as the expected cost of a no deal Brexit.

Ask yourself which party has the most ridiculous economic policy.

Please inform me how Labour would pay for their manifesto pledges, PLUS the 58 billion to pay out the WASPI  women, my missus is one by the way, we would not say no to 15k/30k but Corbyn sure as sugar is not getting our votes.

Angel1.

17 hours ago, melthebell said:

and Nigels costings for his manifesto pledges?

As a Brexiteer it saddens me to admit that Nige's manifesto will not mean as much as expected. I can see some Brexiteers voting Conservative in some seats. My own will be interesting, Stocksbridge and Penistone.  Do we Brexiteers vote for our candidate thereby diluting the Conservative vote and letting Labour in by the back door. I wish Nigel had pulled the candidate, but he didn't, sadly.

Angel1.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As a Brexiteer it saddens me to admit that Nige's manifesto will not mean as much as expected. I can see some Brexiteers voting Conservative in some seats. My own will be interesting, Stocksbridge and Penistone.  Do we Brexiteers vote for our candidate thereby diluting the Conservative vote and letting Labour in by the back door. I wish Nigel had pulled the candidate, but he didn't, sadly.

Angel1.

he'd already pulled enough for his peerage?

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Please inform me how Labour would pay for their manifesto pledges, PLUS the 58 billion to pay out the WASPI  women, my missus is one by the way, we would not say no to 15k/30k but Corbyn sure as sugar is not getting our votes.

Angel1.

He’ll have to pay for it in the same way that the Tories will have to pay for no deal Brexit.

Labour’s spending plans are very high, but they will cost the country no more than it will cost to leave the EU without a deal. Something that you’ve been in favour of for a while now.

Your call, I guess. The money can go to Farage’s disaster capitalist mates, or to people like your wife.

I know which side I’d be on.

On 29/11/2019 at 17:02, Anna B said:

Re: Brexit, I disagree. None of the parties is able to get a deal through the House of Commons, (unless possibly if Boris wins an overwhelming majority which I doubt,) as the parties will vote against any deal on principle, and a no-deal option has been banned by law. Therefore Labour is offering the only viable alternative;

Negotiate a deal and put it before the people to decide.

Seems the only sensible solution with a chance of bringing the whole mess to a conclusion. 

A party with a large majority could reverse the law with another law.