The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Once the warm glow of Brexit has worn off, and little has changed, attention is going to turn towards why we will still have austerity and under investment in the North, homeless on the streets etc. I suspect people are going to be very upset by this time next year.  

Dan Jarvis, potential Lab leader? No chance. 

He doesn't fit with the hastily conveined focus group decision, that have already decided that they need a flat cap wearing, kestrel holding, whippet walking, Northern woman who sounds like Lily Savage & who works behind the bar in a working men's club.

Jarvis' has also not just fell out Uni after studying PPE, straight into politics but has had a proper job beforehand. 

The proper job also might be an issue to many of the current members of the Labour Party - ex Para? 

Edited by Baron99

On 25/12/2019 at 10:53, Baron99 said:

He doesn't fit with the hastily conveined focus group decision, that have already decided that they need a flat cap wearing, kestrel holding, whippet walking, Northern woman who sounds like Lily Savage & who works behind the bar in a working men's club.

Jarvis' has also not just fell out Uni after studying PPE, straight into politics but has had a proper job beforehand. 

The proper job also might be an issue to many of the current members of the Labour Party - ex Para? 

In that case Angela Raynor is a shoe in. . . . 

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:53, Baron99 said:

I am probably someone whose vote the Labour Party will need to win next time...as I voted Blair in the past, but Boris this time.

Which candidate could convert me?

Dan Jarvis.

Proper job before politics.

Patriotic.

Natural leader.

Seems to believe in this country.

All the others have been around too long, or have too much baggage.

1 hour ago, crazyhorse said:

I am probably someone whose vote the Labour Party will need to win next time...as I voted Blair in the past, but Boris this time.

Which candidate could convert me?

Dan Jarvis.

Proper job before politics.

Patriotic.

Natural leader.

Seems to believe in this country.

All the others have been around too long, or have too much baggage.

How do you feel about the person and party you voted for attracting fascists? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/28/far-right-group-britain-first-says-5000-members-joined-tories-11970687/

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

How do you feel about the person and party you voted for attracting fascists? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/28/far-right-group-britain-first-says-5000-members-joined-tories-11970687/

There are some people out there who quite reasonably question whether that is any worse than all the extreme momentum loons and anti-semities within the Labour party membership.

Rotten apples in every barrel and all that.

Besides, Britain first "say" a lot of things doesn't always mean they are true. They've been caught out plenty of times before.

48 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

There are some people out there who quite reasonably question whether that is any worse than all the extreme momentum loons and anti-semities within the Labour party membership.

Rotten apples in every barrel and all that.

Besides, Britain first "say" a lot of things doesn't always mean they are true. They've been caught out plenty of times before.

You mean people like you? Labour aren’t in power, we’ve got a Party that chucked out its most sensible voices a few months ago and is now attractive to fascists.

Edited by Mister Gee