The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

32 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Are you ok that the party has generated 1000 complaints of antisemitism in a single year?

Are you ok that Labour is only the second party to be investigated by the EHRC? 

Do you know who the other party was?

Are you happy to be in that company?

There you go again, asking loads of questions and never having the decency to answer any back....sigh

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

There you go again, asking loads of questions and never having the decency to answer any back....sigh

I think I’ve answered every question you’ve asked me.

Now. about these 1000 reports. Are you happy to be a member of a party like  that?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Now. about these 1000 reports. Are you happy to be a member of a party like  that?

Yes but Tom, accusations aren’t facts. Aren’t you really just bandwagoning  with the likes of Ian Austin, Margaret Hodge, John Mann, the Conservative supporting Press etc, because at base you really dislike Corbyn’s  politics ? You’ve already dichotomised ( making up my own dictionary here) by stating “ as a Blairite, we hate the Corbynistas and vice versa “ ( paraphrasing) . 

You don’t need evidence because that would be an inconveniance, it just is. I agree that you will find examples, inevitably, but anti sémitism was weaponised against a decent and good man, and massively exaggerated to demonise Labour. 

Are you happy staying in a party riddled with anti semites ?

15 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Yes but Tom, accusations aren’t facts. Aren’t you really just bandwagoning  with the likes of Ian Austin, Margaret Hodge, John Mann, the Conservative supporting Press etc, because at base you really dislike Corbyn’s  politics ? You’ve already dichotomised ( making up my own dictionary here) by stating “ as a Blairite, we hate the Corbynistas and vice versa “ ( paraphrasing) . 

You don’t need evidence because that would be an inconveniance, it just is. I agree that you will find examples, inevitably, but anti sémitism was weaponised against a decent and good man, and massively exaggerated to demonise Labour. 

Are you happy staying in a party riddled with anti semites ?

I’ve quoted the whole thing, to preserve it for posterity. I guess when you re-read it, you might edit or delete it. Such is the level of nonsense that it contains.

Do me just one favour. Show me where I ever said “as a Blairite, we hate the Corbynistas” or anything remotely like that.

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

erm.....see post 9916

then see post 9918

then see post 9921

then see post 9925

its the same question i have asked several times, so far unanswered

17 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

erm.....see post 9916

then see post 9918

then see post 9921

then see post 9925

its the same question i have asked several times, so far unanswered

Your problem is that once someone points something out to you, you ask a different question about the same thing. If you removed your head from the sand you might see that I have indeed answered your questions. With the single exception of giving you my views about the 20 year old quotes of a dead woman.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll even answer that one now. The 20 year old views of a woman who is no longer with us are irrelevant.

Now. Your turn. Are you happy to be a member of a party that has generated 1000 complaints of antisemitism in a single year? Do you think it is worthy of proper investigation?

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Your problem is that once someone points something out to you, you ask a different question about the same thing. If you removed your head from the sand you might see that I have indeed answered your questions. With the single exception of giving you my views about the 20 year old quotes of a dead woman.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll even answer that one now. The 20 year old views of a woman who is no longer with us are irrelevant.

Now. Your turn. Are you happy to be a member of a party that has generated 1000 complaints of antisemitism in a single year? Do you think it is worthy of proper investigation?

As has been pointed out to you, they are complaints, accusations if you like, nothing more than that..when you read about a court case do you automatically assume they are guilty? With your mentality you must assume everyone accused is guilty, no smoke without fire and all that, why dont you do a search for the actual figures where people have been found guilty and booted out of the party? I think I came across the figure and it was something like 200, yeah 200 out of a membership of over half a million, so in answer to your question, am i happy to be a member of such a party, of course I am, why should I not? You get a few bad apples in any walk of life

58 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

As has been pointed out to you, they are complaints, accusations if you like, nothing more than that..when you read about a court case do you automatically assume they are guilty? With your mentality you must assume everyone accused is guilty, no smoke without fire and all that, why dont you do a search for the actual figures where people have been found guilty and booted out of the party? I think I came across the figure and it was something like 200, yeah 200 out of a membership of over half a million, so in answer to your question, am i happy to be a member of such a party, of course I am, why should I not? You get a few bad apples in any walk of life

Roughly half of the cases have yet to be resolved. Half of those haven’t been investigated at all. That’s a big part of the problem.

200 “bad apples”, or racists as normal people call them, is 200 too many, by the way.

Edited by Pettytom

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Roughly half of the cases have yet to be resolved. Half of those haven’t been investigated at all. That’s a big part of the problem.

200 “bad apples”, or racists as normal

people call them, is 200 too many, by the way.

Don't look at me, I am not defending any racist person, but I will defend anyone that has done nothing wrong  or been accused maliciously, eg Chris Williamson