The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Corbyn was far from perfect, and he carried a lot of baggage, but his policies were right for the people of this country, and i honestly believe history will prove this

If they aren't in power it wont

36 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Corbyn was far from perfect, and he carried a lot of baggage, but his policies were right for the people of this country, and i honestly believe history will prove this

yes, that was his fault, he should have been more headstrong, one of his biggest failings were to appease the Blairites, and the more he backed down the more they saw it as weakness

I think you'll find a large number of Labour remain voters weren't Blairites but recognised Corbyn and his backers policies were a dead end.

21 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think you'll find a large number of Labour remain voters weren't Blairites but recognised Corbyn and his backers policies were a dead end.

and not forgetting the media hate campaign against him, hardly anyone would do well faced with the lies and distorted truths thrown at him

23 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and not forgetting the media hate campaign against him, hardly anyone would do well faced with the lies and distorted truths thrown at him

Comes with the position - Labour leaders are never going to get an easy ride from the Tory press.

But seemingly dismissing all Labour remain voters as "Blairites" is way over simplfying things - dozens of Labour voting remainers I know are to the left of Blair but have little time for "Corbynism".

5 hours ago, Longcol said:

Comes with the position - Labour leaders are never going to get an easy ride from the Tory press.

But seemingly dismissing all Labour remain voters as "Blairites" is way over simplfying things - dozens of Labour voting remainers I know are to the left of Blair but have little time for "Corbynism".

I'm not dismissing any remainers or leavers as anything, i dont naturally assume that a Blairite would be a remainer, you  are way off the mark if that is how you think, i would say i am on the left but voted to leave, so where does that leave your assumption?

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

I'm not dismissing any remainers or leavers as anything, i dont naturally assume that a Blairite would be a remainer, you  are way off the mark if that is how you think, i would say i am on the left but voted to leave, so where does that leave your assumption?

A true believer in Corbynism then.

BTW = which pals of Corbyn produced the report absolving him of responsibility for a catastrophic defeat? 

Edited by Longcol