The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

20 hours ago, banjodeano said:

i am not exactly sure what Corbynism is...what do you think Corbynism is?

The uncritical belief in the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotment Society and the "positions" Labour took under his leadership - putting more credence in winning "the argument" in the Labour Party than winning elections.

Time for RLB to be referred to Disability Awareness Workshop? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7962783/Rebecca-Long-Bailey-sparks-fury-describing-brain-damaged-constituent-vegetable.html

She can't even be bothered to apologise herself.  She has to get one of the lackey 'spokespersons' to do it for her. 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Time for RLB to be referred to Disability Awareness Workshop? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7962783/Rebecca-Long-Bailey-sparks-fury-describing-brain-damaged-constituent-vegetable.html

She can't even be bothered to apologise herself.  She has to get one of the lackey 'spokespersons' to do it for her. 

Typical non story by the daily fail, she meant to say vegetative state, no one was offended apart from yourself, move along nothing to see here...

49 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Typical non story by the daily fail, she meant to say vegetative state, no one was offended apart from yourself, move along nothing to see here...

If its a "Daily Fail" non story, why have plenty of other news sources run with it?

Your continued defence at her failings and unsuitability as leader is as sad as your previous posts defending Corbyn.

51 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

If its a "Daily Fail" non story, why have plenty of other news sources run with it?

Your continued defence at her failings and unsuitability as leader is as sad as your previous posts defending Corbyn.

Please elaborate? Where have I continually tried to defend her, Please give examples?

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

No she didnt, she called him a practical vegetable. There is no way you can say she meant to say he was in a "vegatative state". If i was the family of the person I would be offended. You can see Nandy listen and react once RLB had said it.

So she either had a script that went through numerous people (including herself) describing a person as a vegetable

or

She went off script and didn't even try to correct herself after describing someone as a vegetable.

33 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

No she didnt, she called him a practical vegetable. There is no way you can say she meant to say he was in a "vegatative state". If i was the family of the person I would be offended. You can see Nandy listen and react once RLB had said it.

So she either had a script that went through numerous people (including herself) describing a person as a vegetable

or

She went off script and didn't even try to correct herself after describing someone as a vegetable.

In the link that was posted it says.....

Chloe Hayward, Executive Director of UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum said: 'We are very pleased that Rebecca Long-Bailey has been so supportive of this family, and that she is aware of the need for appropriate neurorehabilitation services and the lengths families need to go to to fight for appropriate care and support.

'It is very unfortunate that Rebecca used the phrase 'practical vegetable'.

'It is probable that the term 'vegetative state' was the one she was looking for which refers to a person who has a disorder of consciousness.' .......so I interpret that they think she got mixed up with her words..

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

And the fact that she failed to correct herself immediately; requires an underling to apologise on her behalf? 

23 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

In the link that was posted it says.....

Chloe Hayward, Executive Director of UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum said: 'We are very pleased that Rebecca Long-Bailey has been so supportive of this family, and that she is aware of the need for appropriate neurorehabilitation services and the lengths families need to go to to fight for appropriate care and support.

'It is very unfortunate that Rebecca used the phrase 'practical vegetable'.

'It is probable that the term 'vegetative state' was the one she was looking for which refers to a person who has a disorder of consciousness.' .......so I interpret that they think she got mixed up with her words..

So who was responsible for her saying it then?

The scriptwriters for writing it and then her reading it without checking

or

Her for just saying it off cuff

either way do you think she should have made the apology, not "a spokeperson"