The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

29 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And the fact that she failed to correct herself immediately; requires an underling to apologise on her behalf? 

A bit like when she got a bit mixed up about remembering her dad's work:

‘My dad, Jimmy, worked on the Salford docks and I grew up watching him worrying when round after round of redundancies were inflicted on the docks.’

Ms Long-Bailey, 40, was born in September 1979, meaning she was two years old when the docks were closed in 1982.

A spokesperson said: ‘Rebecca, like many others in the north, saw first-hand the devastation created by Thatcher’s brutal economic regime.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/22/labour-hopeful-rebecca-long-bailey-accused-lying-upbringing-11949514/

or working through the night:

A Labour source said: “Rebecca tells this story at every CLP or union meeting she attends, and this week, it's been promoted by Momentum, John McDonnell, Novara Media, and ‎dozens of her other supporters as evidence of her leadership skills and how good she'd be in a crisis - every one of them repeating her claim that she had to work all night to ride to the rescue the next morning.

"That is demonstrably a total lie, just like her claim to have been born with the sound of the Stretford End roaring in the background. If we want to regain the trust of the British people, trading in lies during the leadership campaign is not a great start."

A spokesman for Ms Long-Bailey confirmed her version of events was wrong, but insisted she had had to work round the clock for days in the wake of Mr Marris’s departure.

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/109465/excl-rebecca-long-bailey-accused-lying-over-claim

On 04/02/2020 at 12:24, banjodeano said:

In the link that was posted it says.....

Chloe Hayward, Executive Director of UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum said: 'We are very pleased that Rebecca Long-Bailey has been so supportive of this family, and that she is aware of the need for appropriate neurorehabilitation services and the lengths families need to go to to fight for appropriate care and support.

'It is very unfortunate that Rebecca used the phrase 'practical vegetable'.

'It is probable that the term 'vegetative state' was the one she was looking for which refers to a person who has a disorder of consciousness.' .......so I interpret that they think she got mixed up with her words..

To be fair, if you get those words mixed up, then you are a bit of a liability.

RLB simply doesn’t have either the intellect or the people skills to lead a 21st century political party.

For the first time in my life I didn't vote Labour last election.  I can't be dealing with all the fractions. Corbyn's Labour Party is too like Michael Foot's version for comfort. Wishy-washy and unmanageable. I want a firebrand for a leader. A Kinnock type. Someone not afraid to bloody noses. A unifier. A leader prepared to go toe-to-toe, nose-to-nose, against the opposition to fight for the working class cause.

That man - or woman - is nowhere on the horizon.

Corbyn lost my respect when he didn't gather the clans to fully support BREXIT (the winners!). 

19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

To be fair, if you get those words mixed up, then you are a bit of a liability.

RLB simply doesn’t have either the intellect or the people skills to lead a 21st century political party.

I have been wondering Tom if you became a member of the party to vote for your fellow called Starmer,  did you actually join? you do realise that you will now be labelled an entryist?

17 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I have been wondering Tom if you became a member of the party to vote for your fellow called Starmer,  did you actually join? you do realise that you will now be labelled an entryist?

I’m not an entryist. I’m a member.

I’m going to vote for Kier, because he’s by far the best candidate.

Why do you have a problem with that

Edited by Pettytom
Noting warning below

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not an entryist. I’m a member.

I’m going to vote for Kier, because he’s by far the best candidate.

You appear to have a problem with that. Guess what that makes you.

erm, where have i made any inclination that i have a problem with that? i certainly have no problem at all with that, one man one vote, thats democracy at its finest, he is not my cup of tea, but if the members decide to choose him then thats up to the members,i would think it a crazy decision, but hey..

but were you not calling people entryist when they were from the left?????

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

erm, where have i made any inclination that i have a problem with that? i certainly have no problem at all with that, one man one vote, thats democracy at its finest, he is not my cup of tea, but if the members decide to choose him then thats up to the members,i would think it a crazy decision, but hey..

but were you not calling people entryist when they were from the left?????

I think you probably need to look up a definition of “entryism”.