The Green Party. All discussion here please

What's going to happen in Sheffield Central?

Last general election the Libdems came very close to Labour and the Greens were way behind. But this time the national media say that support for Libdems will drop significantly and be diverted, to Green?

I've heard Labour's Paul Blomfield is good for Sheffield but his vote might be split by Ukip.

Sheffield is on the Green's list of possible wins.

UKIP are also targeting Sheffieldl!

Love to see them get Sheffield Hallam!

:):)

The last I heard they hadn't even selected a candidate. They usually need four as the first three will have to resign over something.

UKIP haven't got a prayer up there anyway. People there are educated and able to make informed opinions on issues, unlike the numpties who vote UKIP.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 16:39 ----------

Sheffield is on the Green's list of possible wins.

The Greens have mentioned it as a target seat but that's a laugh. They'll come second, but a distant second.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 16:40 ----------

I do NOT suffer from a closed mind Le Maquis!

The letter notifying you of your expulsion from UKIP is in the post.

The last I heard they hadn't even selected a candidate. They usually need four as the first three will have to resign over something.

UKIP haven't got a prayer up there anyway. People there are educated and able to make informed opinions on issues, unlike the numpties who vote UKIP.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 16:39 ----------

The Greens have mentioned it as a target seat but that's a laugh. They'll come second, but a distant second.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 16:40 ----------

The letter notifying you of your expulsion from UKIP is in the post.

Great sense of humour Le Maquis lol!!!

Forgot to answer that point Le Maquis!

Four and a half million "numpties" voted for UKIP last May!

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 13:20 ----------

:

Greens won Central (49%), with Labour in second (39%) and everybody else nowhere. UKIP didn't even field a candidate.

LibDems won Ecclesall (41%), with Labour a distant second (23%). Green/Con/UKIP were 3rd/4th/5th, in that order, with similar numbers of votes (between 10% and 15%).

EDIT: Aggregating over all wards in the parliamentary constituencies (and assuming I've got my sums right), we'd get:

Central: Labour first on 41%, Greens second on 30%, LibDem third on 13%, everybody else well below 10%.

Hallam: LibDem first on 38%, Labour second on 23%, UKIP/Green/Con 3rd/4th/5th with between 10% and 15% each.

Interesting summary Captain Swing - but that's based on the last election. I can see the LibDem vote evaporating this time, as well as a lot of Labour votes going.

Sheffield is one of those areas that is going to be interesting.

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 15:18 ----------

The last I heard they hadn't even selected a candidate.

Just checked Le Maquis - his name is Joe Jenkins.

• 4 weeks later...