Ukip. All discussion here please.

My own opinion only! Sheffield Hallam and Doncaster are just two.

Candidates will come out shortly and also the manifesto.

I went to the UKIP Conference today where the main po0licies were announced. Made me think that some people on this page should get FACTS before spouting rubbish!

:rant:

Are they thinking of putting VAT on handbags and shoes?

I hope UKIP do win the Clacton by-election. Somehow I do not think they will win many seats in the General election. However when I ask people who voted for UKIP MEPs they are adamant they will vote for them in next years General Elections, so hopefully I may be wrong.

Also people who have never voted UKIP before say they have been sickened by what has happened in Rotherham all because people felt it was not politically correct to speak about it and they are disgusted that the politicians and police closed their eyes to the situation.

Also people who have never voted UKIP before say they have been sickened by what has happened in Rotherham all because people felt it was not politically correct to speak about it and they are disgusted that the politicians and police closed their eyes to the situation.

It is difficult to imagine a UKIP MP or councillor turning a blind eye to the happenings in Rotherham. It wouldn't surprise me if the folk voted UKIP for just that reason. It will be very interesting to see what happens over the police commissioners job particularly if it gives an indication of how Rotherham voted.

says me. There are around 260 parliamentary seats in Westminster at the moment, held by Labour MP's.

which one of those 260 odd parliamentary seats, do you think UKIP have a chance of prising, from Labour's grasp in the GE in May?

A quick Google says you may be wrong, here's one of the few, Essex being another area

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-27533374

I hope UKIP do win the Clacton by-election.

you are not the only one. So does the Labour party.

even though they do not do all that bad in Clacton, it is a typical Kent seat where they can normally expect to pick up quite a few votes without expecting to win it, they do not want to pick up too many votes this time.

when Labour's vote in Clacton falls in the by-election, which it will, nobody is going to say that means it is a bad result for the Labour party when UKIP wins, and the Tories lose.

---------- Post added 26-09-2014 at 22:27 ----------

A quick Google says you may be wrong, here's one of the few, Essex being another area

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-27533374

I'm talking parliamentary seats, not councils or European parliamentary seats.

Labour have hardly any seats today in Lincolnshire - apart from Grimsby - and Essex. They are almost all Tory as the Liberals have never done very well round there.

right now, in 2014, there are around 260 Labour seats, in parliament.

which one of those 260, do UKIP have any realistic chance of winning next May?

you only have to name one. I am not expecting a list of 10, or 20, Labour seats UKIP can expect to take. Grimsby, which is being vacated by Austin Mitchell who has announced he is retiring, is UKIP's only possible, remote chance of a gain from Labour.

UKIP'ss chances of parliamentary gains, are all from the Tories.

Edited by blake

TBH I'm not that clued up seat wise, but I know UKIP (as reported by the BBC) are now looking to take on Labour and those classed as their voters. Who knows, maybe it's just the media stirring, but we all know most Labour are staunch supporters and need no arguments to be right, so yes all the seats could very well be safe for Eds comrades lol

TBH I'm not that clued up seat wise, but I know UKIP (as reported by the BBC) are now looking to take on Labour lol

well then. Why don't you do what presumably UKIP have been doing, and look through the list, of the 260 Labour seats, to see which ones, they can possibly hope to win?

Grimsby is their best bet. And that is way way down the list. There will be 15-20 UKIP prospects, now Tory seats, before Grimsby appears.

Edited by blake

Because it'd be guesswork on my behalf... Though I hear Rotherham voters are feeling disenfranchised lately for being let down.

---------- Post added 26-09-2014 at 22:47 ----------

One thing I noticed about UKIP today was, they actualy sound like they have someone who is capable at maths, not like Balls! (And we all know how much it matters not to Milliband!)

TBH I'm not that clued up seat wise, but I know UKIP (as reported by the BBC) are now looking to take on Labour and those classed as their voters. Who knows, maybe it's just the media stirring, but we all know most Labour are staunch supporters and need no arguments to be right, so yes all the seats could very well be safe for Eds comrades lol

Really? How are Labour voters more faithful to their party than Conservative voters?