Ukip. All discussion here please.

I wouldn't underestimate them, if I were you. Unlike UKIP, who got slaughtered, Front National they did pretty well in the last French election and they'll have been emboldened by Germany's last week.
The FN is at the exact same stage as UKIP: essentially leaderless, terminally imploding through in-fighting, and politically irrelevant.

It's a completely spent force, and Jean-Marie is too long and far gone to come back and glue the thing together again.

Couldn't happen to nicer people, tbh :D

Edited by L00b

We need PR. Then UKIP, Greens and the rest of them would get the representation they deserve.

I'd rather that we did have PR. I've got no issues with UKIP or any other party having their fair share of seats in parliament.

Consider this: if UKIP had 10% of the vote and 65 seats in parliament that is enough to make their case over the EU. The absolute worst way to have had the debate is as a civil war between factions of the Tories, held through press briefings, the gutter right wing press, back stabbing, front stabbing etc...

People don't realise that the EU debate as a genuine debate has been shut down in democratic terms, and UKIP flawed as I believe their views are were the only ones that could have consistently made a coherent case.

I hate them but I have no problem with hearing what they have to say.

I'd rather that we did have PR. I've got no issues with UKIP or any other party having their fair share of seats in parliament.

Consider this: if UKIP had 10% of the vote and 65 seats in parliament that is enough to make their case over the EU. The absolute worst way to have had the debate is as a civil war between factions of the Tories, held through press briefings, the gutter right wing press, back stabbing, front stabbing etc...

People don't realise that the EU debate as a genuine debate has been shut down in democratic terms, and UKIP flawed as I believe their views are were the only ones that could have consistently made a coherent case.

I hate them but I have no problem with hearing what they have to say.

better out in the open than back in the shadows, skulking, plotting

I wouldn't underestimate them, if I were you. Unlike UKIP, who got slaughtered, Front National they did pretty well in the last French election and they'll have been emboldened by Germany's last week.

that's UKIP's big Achilles Heel actually. Because they're anti-European little Englanders, they can't make common cause with what might be useful allies who are more organised, lucid, better prepared than they are, and who give out a more cohesive message than UKIP does, to the voters. Front National remain the best political party of that kind of stripe, in Europe.

How close an eye do you keep on the Front National, because I can tell you now they’re imploding ?

The FN members/voters are traumatised by Le Pens poor showing during the pre election debate with Macron and she seems to have gone into some depressive state. It’s one thing standing in front of an adoring flag waving crowd whilst singing the national anthem and saying “ ban the Burka” etc but once she was sat in front of Macron in debate she had nothing to offer.

They have virtually ceased to exist as an active Parliamentary opposition which is being provided by Jean Luc Melanchon and La France Insoumise

as a fellow kipper voter, I wanted that fella that knocked out that other kipper fella to win, then go and knock out some more kipper fellas.

What was his name again :huh:

Punch'em ?

Slug'em ?

Thump'em ?

Hook'em ?

That's the one! Hookem :D

John (Eggy) Prescott is the name you are searching for I think.

Angel1.

We need PR. Then UKIP, Greens and the rest of them would get the representation they deserve.

Oddly, the Green Party's situation is largely the same as UKIP's on this point.

But which PR system would replicate the currently-clear link between an MP and that MP's constituency electorate?

Oddly, the Green Party's situation is largely the same as UKIP's on this point.

But which PR system would replicate the currently-clear link between an MP and that MP's constituency electorate?

Do local MPs actually do anything for their local area? Their lack of action is one reason why we seem to be getting Mayors.

Most things are done by local councils or National Government; tell me what Sheffield MPs have done for Sheffield.