Ukip. All discussion here please.

Grimsby stands out, as the only remotest possible UKIP gain from Labour.

Austin Mitchell only just held on to it by a few hundred votes last time.

UKIP were nowhere in 2010 in Grimsby, just like they were nowhere in every other parliamentary seat in Britain, but Grimsby is their best chance to take a seat, from Labour.

Grimsby is a tight Labour-Tory marginal as it stands, there is an outside chance that UKIP might be able to come through the middle and win, but very low. The smart money is surely on Labour to retain Grimsby, especially if they select the hottie from the all-woman shortlist one of whom will replace Mitchell.

Rather defensive aren't you; anybody would think I was trying to catch you out on having been on here before under a different username :rolleyes:

No, you were assigning words / statements to me I hadn't made...

Again, who you accusing me of being, or are you paranoid and sly too?

Really? How are Labour voters more faithful to their party than Conservative voters?

of course habitual Labour voters are going to be more 'faithful' than habitual Tory ones.

UKIP is fundamentally, a segment of a split Tory party. That is from where, most of their votes next GE will come. Of course, it would be great for them to pick up some other votes from elsewhere, but the votes they will gain will be around 2 or even 3 to 1 at the expense of the Tories compared to everyone else.

in massive Labour banker seats like Rotherham, UKIP might gain quite a lot of votes from Labour though in a protest type vote - but it won't be enough for them to take the seat.

we all know most Labour are staunch supporters and need no arguments to be right, so yes all the seats could very well be safe for Eds comrades lol

How do "we all know" that?

We have had other posters on here claiming the same thing without being able to substantiate their claim.

It is clearly nonsense and therefore, your decision to repeat the claim is a bit odd to say the least.

Do you have any relatives?

of course habitual Labour voters are going to be more 'faithful' than habitual Tory ones.

UKIP is fundamentally, a segment of a split Tory party. That is from where, most of their votes next GE will come. Of course, it would be great for them to pick up some other votes from elsewhere, but the votes they will gain will be around 2 or even 3 to 1 at the expense of the Tories compared to everyone else.

in massive Labour banker seats like Rotherham, UKIP might gain quite a lot of votes from Labour though in a protest type vote - but it won't be enough for them to take the seat.

This is why I posed the question as to whether Labour voters are inherently more faithful - as the 1980s showed, when the SDP split from Labour, it was said to be the major factor why Conservatives won on 3 occasions

Edited by Mister M

How do "we all know" that?

We have had other posters on here claiming the same thing without being able to substantiate their claim.

It is clearly nonsense and therefore, your decision to repeat the claim is a bit odd to say the least.

Do you have any relatives?

Many vote Labour because that's how their families have voted for generations, often without ever even watching the news,never mind engaging in debate. Also put certain points to them without mentioning parties and they'll disagree with Labour.

So are you saying Labour have no staunch supporters who will vote Labour no matter what happens in the real world, say if they allowed child abuse to be endemic under their supposeded watch? Not odd, fact!

---------- Post added 26-09-2014 at 23:44 ----------

Many of Scotland's voters recognised that Labour lack their own substance, things maybe changing, especially if Ed allows English votes for English matters...

Many vote Labour because that's how their families have voted for generations, often without ever even watching the news,never mind engaging in debate. Also put certain points to them without mentioning parties and they'll disagree with Labour.

So are you saying Labour have no staunch supporters who will vote Labour no matter what happens in the real world, say if they allowed child abuse to be endemic under their supposeded watch? Not odd, fact!

So I was correct in assigning statements that you hadn't made. How perceptive of me

That's true of all parties, and has been for many years. It is said by psephologists that how your immediate family votes is a major influence on how the individual will vote.

In staunch Tory areas it is said that they'd vote for a poodle if it had a blue rosette on it.

Edited by Mister M

Many vote Labour because that's how their families have voted for generations, often without ever even watching the news,never mind engaging in debate.. blah, blah blah and loads of other made up rubbish

So. Basically, you are making stuff up and trying to pass it off as facts.

I invite you to prove your claim.

Whilst you are at it, why not demonstrate that Labour supporters behave differently to any other party's supporters.

I look forward to your evidence.

Edited by sibon

So I was correct in assigning statements that you hadn't made. How perceptive of me

That's true of all parties, and has been for many years. It is said by psephologists that how your immediate family votes is a major influence on how the individual will vote.

In staunch Tory areas it is said that they'd vote for a poodle if it had a blue rosette on it.

Delusional!

---------- Post added 26-09-2014 at 23:54 ----------

So. Basically, you are making stuff up and trying to pass it off as facts.

I invite you to prove your claim.

Whilst you are at it, why not demonstrate that Labour supporters behave differently to any other party's supporters.

I look forward to your evidence.

The Jester poster provided supposed evidence. From my point of view its from experience of knowing people and talking with them.

I never said they were any different, the Jester claimed that too!

I look forward to your appointment at Spec Savers :-D