Ukip. All discussion here please.

Having a points based immigration system hasn't turned the people of Australia, New Zealand or Canada into goose-stepping xenophobes has it?

Sarcasm? We have a PBS in the UK and it's rubbish. No matter what system you put in place people will always try and abuse it

Have you been to Australia?

Why... you think Australians are xenophobe Nazis?!?

The problem with your constant witterings about positive contributions only being based on a weird interpretation of finance is that you discount the positive social and economic contributions of the vast majority of the people living and working in the UK. You're either trolling, or have an ego larger than King Faragé (is that possible?)...

I donlt have a weird interpretation of finance. What is weird is to exclude all the indirect costs associated with running the country when calculating the contribution made by immigrants. Immigrants enjoy the indirect benefits just the same as the rest of us and their contribution should therefore be compared against all expenditure and not just directly received benefits and services.

---------- Post added 21-11-2014 at 10:41 ----------

Sarcasm? We have a PBS in the UK and it's rubbish. No matter what system you put in place people will always try and abuse it

That is like arguing not to have a law against murder because people still do it. Irrelevant... have a law against murder reduces murder and screening low earning immigrants will reduce immigration and increase net contribution. It is a fact.

You must go round with your eyes shut!!
Not really, I know that system inside-out by now: for the last 2 years, I've been helping a family member (NHS nurse) trying to get her US husband into the UK on something other than a tourist visa.

Relationship of 5 years, married for the last 2 years, she doesn't want to go over to the US because of her kids (different dads, youth mistakes), so he wants to come over. He's been refused again recently, short of the money minima by approximately £300 (£25-odd x 12 months).

He's waiting to hear if gets a tourist visa so he can come over and spend Xmas with her and her kids. There are risks that he may not, since his application was recently turned down and UK immigration may now consider him a risk.

But hey-ho, what do I know, I only hear about this stuff or read about it on SF, right? :roll:

LOL... you think I'm misrepresenting the truth about immigration!
Nice strawman, there. I'm not restarting the whole "net contribution" with you again. Your argument and basis have been rubbished by Frattini's recent report (peer-reviewed and published in The Economic Journal of the Royal Economic Society) about the issue, so it's a dialogue of deaf-mutes in the making. Again.

No doubt you're impressing and convincing the lowbrow posters and readers :) But so far as I'm concerned, you can keep dangling :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

Not really, I know that system inside-out by now: for the last 2 years, I've been helping a family member (NHS nurse) trying to get her US husband into the UK on something other than a tourist visa.

Relationship of 5 years, married for the last 2 years, she doesn't want to go over to the US because of her kids (different dads, youth mistakes), so he wants to come over. He's been refused again recently, short of the money minima by approximately £300 (£25-odd x 12 months).

He's waiting to hear if gets a tourist visa so he can come over and spend Xmas with her and her kids. There are risks that he may not, since his application was recently turned down and UK immigration may now consider him a risk.

But hey-ho, what do I know, I only hear about this stuff or read about it on SF, right? :roll:

Nice strawman, there. I'm not restarting the whole "net contribution" with you again. Your argument and basis have been rubbished by Frattini's recent report (peer-reviewed and published in The Economic Journal of the Royal Economic Society) about the issue, so it's a dialogue of deaf-mutes in the making. Again.

No doubt you're impressing and convincing the lowbrow posters and readers :) But so far as I'm concerned, you can keep dangling :thumbsup:

if theres one thing immigrants know well,its our system.

is it ok to say 'our? :)

Edited by Xt500

seen as you know so much why dont you spell out what this legislation is?
Why don't you look for it yourself, and show me that you've got a bit more about yourself than blindly following plebeian rethoric?

You can obviously use a computer and an Internet Forum, and it's easy enough, just search through my posts on this thread to begin with.

Or maybe you won't, and just happily conform to the idea I've got of you so far through your posts, of a tool with two grey cells to rub together?

Either way, your call.

if theres one thing immigrants know well,its our system.

is it ok to say 'our? :)

I do call it 'our', considering how much I've been putting into it and still am. But maybe I should stop putting into it now, though, as you make it sound like it's not mine. You can start paying my share, and HMRC can whistle for the arrears after I'm gone. What do you say? :)

Ah, here's Rantanplan to the rescue:

And how to abuse it.
Edited by L00b

Why don't you look for it yourself, and show me that you've got a bit more about yourself than blindly following plebeian rethoric?

You can obviously use a computer and an Internet Forum, and it's easy enough, just search through my posts on this thread to begin with.

Or maybe you won't, and just happily conform to the idea I've got of you so far through your posts, of a tool with two grey cells to rub together?

Either way, your call.

I do call it 'our', considering how much I've been putting into it and still am. But maybe I should stop putting into it now, though, as you make it sound like it's not mine. You can start paying my share, and HMRC can whistle for the arrears after I'm gone. What do you say? :)

Ah, here's Rantanplan to the rescue:

Ha ha so what you mean is you havnt actually got a clue about what you write in posts :)

save you look even more stupid than you alreay look i guess!

Dont bang the door on your way out!

Ha ha so what you mean is you havnt actually got a clue about what you write in posts :)
Well, obviously :roll:

save you look even more stupid than you alreay look i guess!
Up tha 'kippers and all that :hihi:

Dont bang the door on your way out!
I've asked Rantanplan already, but he didn't reply: what door? :lol::hihi:

Go back to 2009 and the BNP were on the march, what ever happened to them?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=473008

Any search of this form for around that time you will find that the future was going to be BNP.

Have the same old suspects just changed their user name and party?

Same with Britain First - a worryingly rising in popularity BNP style group. How many votes did they get - 56, less than "People Before Profit" and a third of what the Monster Raving Loonies got!