Ukip. All discussion here please.

So perhaps L00b could indicate with which of those points he/she disagrees?

He'll produce a secret recording of Nigel Farage's milkman saying something homophobic and present this as, "well he drinks his milk he must agree with his views.."

PS thanks for all the great work you do for the Sheffield branch... of which I'm a member....:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 17:26 ----------

A few days ago you were claiming that couldn't be relied upon because it wasn't published in a manifesto!

I was making the point that the manifesto is the finalization of intentions. Some things may change slightly... but the main ideas will stay...

Can you comment on the content?

Or have you conceded defeat that it is a good framework?

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 17:29 ----------

I heard Anne Marie Waters is the PPC for Basidon... This is her resignation letter from the Liebour party...

http://www.d-intl.com/2013/10/07/open-letter-to-labour-leader-miliband-your-policies-fill-me-with-fear/?lang=en

I was making the point that the manifesto is the finalization of intentions. Some things may change slightly... but the main ideas will stay...
What you were doing was trying to avoid debating UKIP policies.

Can you comment on the content?

Certainly. Here's one example:

– UKIP will amend working time rules to give trainee doctors, surgeons and medics the proper environment to train and practise.

The working time rules, which are an EU thing that UKIP are very much against, reduced the amount of time people could work in a week. Prior to its introduction, trainee doctors used to work ridiculously long hours and as a result were frequently half asleep at work. By "amend working time rules" does that mean UKIP consider a "proper environment to train and practise" one in which doctors work 80+ hour weeks again?

The working time rules, which are an EU thing that UKIP are very much against, reduced the amount of time people could work in a week. Prior to its introduction, trainee doctors used to work ridiculously long hours and as a result were frequently half asleep at work. By "amend working time rules" does that mean UKIP consider a "proper environment to train and practise" one in which doctors work 80+ hour weeks again?

the working time directive works on an average of 17 weeks I think,not just on one week..also,as an employee,you can opt out I think..and some jobs don't come under it's jurisdiction..

Edited by truman

And about as much use as a chocholate fire guard.

all it takes is the worker to opt out so why not reduce paper work and do away with it.

All I know that before the working time directive, it was the norm for a junior doctor to start a shift on Friday morning and finish it on the Monday morning. They had their on call room to sleep in, if it was possible.

The working time directive changed all this. Now, there are night shifts and day shifts on the weekend for example.

Some chocolate fireguard.

All I know that before the working time directive, it was the norm for a junior doctor to start a shift on Friday morning and finish it on the Monday morning. They had their on call room to sleep in, if it was possible.

The working time directive changed all this. Now, there are night shifts and day shifts on the weekend for example.

Some chocolate fireguard.

Theres a better answer to cutting staff hours than laws.Educate our own to do the jobs who can then relieve the over worked staff.Win WIN.