Ukip. All discussion here please.

So just run by me the results of English by-elections in the past 6 months.

Newark: CON hold

Clacton: UKIP gain

Heywood & Middleton: LAB hold

Rochester & Strood: UKIP gain

It's not difficult to find this information.

UKIP aren't anti immigrant. They are anti open borders... there is a vast difference... The constant mantra about public services collapsing without immigration is a red herring. If they have the skills needed they are welcome.

I think it is one of the many lies being put about by folks running scared of UKIP. I seem to remember politicians trying to brand them as racist for a number of years. It didn't wash with anyone other than a few hardened PC yes men.

The main policy appears to be get out ofthe EU so that we can control our borders and then pick and choose which imigrants we allow in.

Edited by roosterboost

Of course its different,ukip is a political party,not a pressure group and the tories and labour have had to take notice.

UKIP was formed to put pressure on the Government. Yes, it's a political party, but so are many of the other groups that are primarily there to get a voice heard, even if they don't get elected. Do you really think the Bus Pass Elvis party expected to enter Westminster? They certainly got their issues discussed in Westminster without that win though.

I think it is one of the many lies being put about by folks running scared of UKIP.

This sort of thing will constantly happen while UKIP are unable to stand up and clearly state what they plan and how they will implement it.

Despite years of saying their main aim is to leave the EU, they still can't say how they plan to do it or how it will affect us.

and also, the two ukip gains were by the sitting mp's who had a reasonably good local profile which isn't quite the same or as hard as putting a relatively unknown candidate against an incumbent mp/party. In fact, the two times they did that they lost.

This sort of thing will constantly happen while UKIP are unable to stand up and clearly state what they plan and how they will implement it.

Despite years of saying their main aim is to leave the EU, they still can't say how they plan to do it or how it will affect us.

How very odd. UKIP have clearly stated their policies. Something Labour in particular are reluctant to do.

Leaving the EU would require us to say au-revoir.

and also, the two ukip gains were by the sitting mp's who had a reasonably good local profile which isn't quite the same or as hard as putting a relatively unknown candidate against an incumbent mp/party. In fact, the two times they did that they lost.

And in both of those cases, their candidate lost vote share from when they were a Tory.

I think it is one of the many lies being put about by folks running scared of UKIP. I seem to remember politicians trying to brand them as racist for a number of years. It didn't wash with anyone other than a few hardened PC yes men.

The main policy appears to be get out ofthe EU so that we can control our borders and then pick and choose which imigrants we allow in.

I think they've all but given up on this line of attack now. They are more concerned with a fluffed sentence by Mark Reckless or that we don't really have that much support.

How very odd. UKIP have clearly stated their policies. Something Labour in particular are reluctant to do.

Leaving the EU would require us to say au-revoir.

So, please, tell me what will happen to the Polish plumber in Rochester, will he be able to stay or will he go?

I sure isn't, but it does seem difficult for some folk to take on board.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 19:47 ----------

So, please, tell me what will happen to the Polish plumber in Rochester, will he be able to stay or will he go?

He will stay. Our borders are open at the moment, but his mate might not be allowed in once they aren't.

He will stay. Our borders are open at the moment, but his mate might not be allowed in once they aren't.

Then how come Mark Reckless didn't understand that? (And no, it wasn't a fluffed line, he wasn't misquoted and he wasn't misunderstood. He quite clearly believed that EU nationals would only be able to stay for a limited time).

And how come many of their supporters on here think they will be kicked out and their job given to locals?

And won't setting a deadline for people to immigrate "freely" and not be kicked out mean that immigration will go through the roof over the next few years while people move here in case UKIP manage to win?

And what will happen to Brits who live on the Costa del Sol?