Ukip. All discussion here please.

Colonizes half the planet... Complains about immigrants

You couldn't make it up :hihi:

I was once in a taxi in Dublin with an English mate who remarked to me that there didn't appear to be anywhere near the number of 'foreigners' as there was in London.

The taxi driver looked back at us and said ' That's because we didn't go all over the world stealing other peoples countries, and then whining about it when they followed us home'.

That was in the mid 90s. Different story now, based against percentage of the population they have more immigrants than Britain.

From 1990 to 1994 Ireland was the only member state of the EU with a negative net migration rate, by 2007 Ireland had the third highest migration rate of all the 27 states only surpassed by Spain and Cyprus.

14.5 immigrants per 1,000 inhabitants. They don't moan about it as much though.

As many of their families have experienced immigration in the past, they only complain about the ones living on benefits.

Go there to work and your mainly made welcome.

From 1990 to 1994 Ireland was the only member state of the EU with a negative net migration rate, by 2007 Ireland had the third highest migration rate of all the 27 states only surpassed by Spain and Cyprus.
Have you checked the numbers since 2008? ;)

As you know, I was there and working, between 2004 and 2008. High-level professional with many contacts made, which I still enjoy to this day.

The emigration (mostly to UK, CA, AU, US, bit of NZ) of professional, skilled and semi-skilled natives has been endemic, to say the least.

I've seen 5 out of 8 ex-colleagues (all of them Irish) emigrate since then, and I've heard that there isn't an Irish family left, who has not 'lost' at least one relative to emigration in the last 5 years. That's a lot of people.

Needless to say, most economic migrants went home (or elsewhere) pretty sharpish years ago. They're no dafter than you or I, and could read the tea leaves just as well as I did: this isn't going to be a good place to spend a global recession for an economical migrant.

Edited by L00b

I was once in a taxi in Dublin with an English mate who remarked to me that there didn't appear to be anywhere near the number of 'foreigners' as there was in London.

The taxi driver looked back at us and said ' That's because we didn't go all over the world stealing other peoples countries, and then whining about it when they followed us home'.

That was in the mid 90s. Different story now, based against percentage of the population they have more immigrants than Britain.

As many of their families have experienced immigration in the past, they only complain about the ones living on benefits.

the irish supported hitler at a time when he was busy 'stealing' countries.

the irish supported hitler at a time when he was busy 'stealing' countries.

No they didn't.

The Irish were neutral, but thousands joined the British forces and many died fighting in WW2.

In the second war they won 8 Vcs and 764 other medals for gallantry.

They stayed out as a nation to prove a point.

They were a free and independent nation and no longer did Britain's bidding.

For hundreds of years the Irish fought Britain's battles for them.

In the 1800 s 40% of the British Army were Irish.

Learn a little history before coming out with nonsense.

That might be to do with there only being 6,378,000 people on an area of land 84,421 km2 whilst England as a population of 53,000,000 on an area of land 130,395 km². Making our population density 5.5 times higher than theirs.