Ukip. All discussion here please.

Have you checked the numbers since 2008? ;)

As you know, I was there and working, between 2004 and 2008. High-level professional with many contacts made, which I still enjoy to this day.

The emigration (mostly to UK, CA, AU, US, bit of NZ) of professional, skilled and semi-skilled natives has been endemic, to say the least.

I've seen 5 out of 8 ex-colleagues (all of them Irish) emigrate since then, and I've heard that there isn't an Irish family left, who has not 'lost' at least one relative to emigration in the last 5 years. That's a lot of people.

Needless to say, most economic migrants went home (or elsewhere) pretty sharpish years ago. They're no dafter than you or I, and could read the tea leaves just as well as I did: this isn't going to be a good place to spend a global recession for an economical migrant.

Find it amusing do you?

I go every year to visit family and friends.

Everyone of them that is of working age is employed.

I have two cousins that have emigrated, one to Australia and one to New Zealand.

Both had jobs in Ireland and neither particularly wanted to go but both left for the same reason.

One had met a Scots lass in Australia and they have two children both born there and she wanted to return.

The other met her English boyfriend in NZ and went back there to be with him.

I have five other cousins who went to Australia and New Zealand for the experience and returned after a year as intended to live in Ireland.

Other than that I know one guy who works in Luxembourg as an aircraft technician.

The Irish have a history of immigrating because of historical circumstances and it has become something of a natural thing to do, if only for a short period before returning.

And there still seem to be a lot of immigrants, mainly Poles, in Ireland currently.

Ive been down and voted UKIP . Thats another vote in the bank for our Nigel .

I voted UKIP in the European elections and Libdem in the locals.

No they didn't.

The Irish were neutral, but thousands joined the British forces and many died fighting in WW2.

In the second war they won 8 Vcs and 764 other medals for gallantry.

They stayed out as a nation to prove a point.

They were a free and independent nation and no longer did Britain's bidding.

For hundreds of years the Irish fought Britain's battles for them.

In the 1800 s 40% of the British Army were Irish.

Learn a little history before coming out with nonsense.

when hitler invaded somewhere (i forget which country) the irish sent him congratulations.

i dont deny that many irish fought for the allies, but starting a fight for independence from england just as we were getting busy with the nazis was a bad idea.

anyway, this is supposed to be a UKIP thread. back on topic then.

when hitler invaded somewhere (i forget which country) the irish sent him congratulations.

i dont deny that many irish fought for the allies, but starting a fight for independence from england just as we were getting busy with the nazis was a bad idea.

anyway, this is supposed to be a UKIP thread. back on topic then.

You forget, because it didn't happen.

'Starting a fight for independence just when we were getting busy with the Nazis.'

Brilliant! You really know sod all about what you're talking about do you?

The Republic of Ireland - initially the Free State - won it's independence from Britain in 1922.

Britain didn't go to war with Germany until 1939.

No doubt you are an example of the well informed people who are voting UKIP.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 18:01 ----------

That might be to do with there only being 6,378,000 people on an area of land 84,421 km2 whilst England as a population of 53,000,000 on an area of land 130,395 km². Making our population density 5.5 times higher than theirs.

Yes the population over here is definitely denser.

The population of Ireland in the 1881 census was 8,175,124.

It was down to 4,228,553 by 1926.

Are you aware of the reason?

That's my bit done......Guess which way I voted? :P

I think I'll enjoy a nice pint of Jaipur later.....After the week he's had I'm sure Nigel Farage will be having a well earned pint.

Regards

Doom

Yes the population over here is definitely denser.

So do you agree that high population density is one of the factors that make people opposed to more immigration.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 18:39 ----------

That's my bit done......Guess which way I voted? :P

Labour, did I win? :)

Edited by ivanava

I voted UKIP in the European elections and Libdem in the locals.

Good man.............. you know it makes sense .:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 19:36 ----------

another vote for Nigel and start of the turnaround here:thumbsup:

Good man ,, good man :clap: