Ukip. All discussion here please.

Douglas Carswell is entitled to his opinion, but it is still just his opinion and I have not heard UKIP blaming foreigners.

Of course not,when you've got your fingers in your ears singing lalalalalalalaala...............you can't hear anything

What do you think UKIP have blamed foreigners for and what evidence do you have to support your stance.

Farage has blamed immigrants for motorway congestion...........I think this is what has made Carswell speak up..............the straw that broke the camels back...........Carswell,although I dislike his politics has my admiration,he is trying to bring UKIP in from the stone age.

Anti-immigrant racism is at the centre of Farage’s strategy. During 2013 he focused on whipping up hysteria over the number of Romanians and Bulgarians who would “flood” into Britain, taking “indigenous” jobs, when work restrictions were lifted in January this year.15 Emboldened by his electoral success, he has also been prepared to use more explicitly racist arguments. In his speech to the party’s spring conference in February 2014 Farage said:

In scores of our cities and market towns, this country in a short space of time has frankly become unrecognisable. Whether it is the impact on local schools and hospitals, whether it is the fact in many parts of England you don’t hear English spoken any more. This is not the kind of community we want to leave to our children and grandchildren.

At a press conference following his speech he gave the following anecdote about a train journey out of London:

We stopped at London Bridge, New Cross, Hither Green, it was not until we got past Grove Park that I could hear English being audibly spoken in the carriage. Does that make me feel slightly awkward? Yes it does… I don’t feel very comfortable in that situation and I don’t think the majority of British people do.

http://www.isj.org.uk/index.php4?id=997&issue=143

Edited by chalga

Farage has blamed immigrants for motorway congestion...........I think this is what has made Carswell speak up..............the straw that broke the camels back...........Carswell,although I dislike his politics has my admiration,he is trying to bring UKIP in from the stone age.

No he blamed immigration.

Anti-immigrant racism is at the centre of Farage’s strategy. During 2013 he focused on whipping up hysteria over the number of Romanians and Bulgarians who would “flood” into Britain, taking “indigenous” jobs, when work restrictions were lifted in January this year.15 Emboldened by his electoral success, he has also been prepared to use more explicitly racist arguments.

No he made an accurate statement which was taken out of context by UKIP's political opponents.

In his speech to the party’s spring conference in February 2014 Farage said:

In scores of our cities and market towns, this country in a short space of time has frankly become unrecognisable. Whether it is the impact on local schools and hospitals, whether it is the fact in many parts of England you don’t hear English spoken any more. This is not the kind of community we want to leave to our children and grandchildren.

Which is true but not blaming foreigners.

At a press conference following his speech he gave the following anecdote about a train journey out of London:

We stopped at London Bridge, New Cross, Hither Green, it was not until we got past Grove Park that I could hear English being audibly spoken in the carriage. Does that make me feel slightly awkward? Yes it does… I don’t feel very comfortable in that situation and I don’t think the majority of British people do.16

He expressed an opinion based on his observation on that day, why is that such a problem for you?

No he blamed immigration.

No he made an accurate statement which was taken out of context by UKIP's political opponents.

Which is true but not blaming foreigners.

He expressed an opinion based on his observation on that day, why is that such a problem for you?

All the above is UKIP anti immigrant anti foreigner sentiment...............it goes to the heart of what Carswell is now saying about UKIP..................what you think is up to you................I think different,and that is more than good enough for me.

All the above is UKIP anti immigrant anti foreigner sentiment...............it goes to the heart of what Carswell is now saying about UKIP..................what you think is up to you................I think different,and that is more than good enough for me.

No it is not, it is anti uncontrolled immigration policy.

I don't understand the frothing about Farage with his congestion comment. If we have a certain amount of roads with a certain amount of cars and then there are more cars using the same roads what could cause this.

1. Far more tourists

2. More cars per household

3. A huge increase in birth rate

4. Uncontrolled mass Immigration

Farage was just stating the obvious...

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 20:52 ----------

The population of the UK has risen in the last few years from 59.1m in 2008 to 64.1m in 2013 That's 5m people many of whom will have cars. And there's many more came this year...

Edited by Ellco

I don't understand the frothing about Farage with his congestion comment. If we have a certain amount of roads with a certain amount of cars and then there are more cars using the same roads what could cause this.

1. Far more tourists

2. More cars per household

3. A huge increase in birth rate

4. Uncontrolled mass Immigration

Farage was just stating the obvious...

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 20:52 ----------

The population of the UK has risen in the last few years from 59.1m in 2008 to 64.1m in 2013 That's 5m people many of whom will have cars. And there's many more came this year...

Farage has no proof that his story is correct,and neither do we,all he has told is an anecdote,and I don't believe a word of it,because it is totally unverifiable.................how do we know that any immigrant was on that route which he took?................how do we know that roadworks did not hold him up?.....how do we know that he didn't leave too late to get there on time?............how do we know that he didn't stop off on the way and delayed himself?.................the truth is that we don't,only what Farage says,and he has proved that he is prepared to blame immigrants for anything he can...........his own MP,Douglas Carswell has said as much.................The excuse that Farage came up with was a tall,ridiculous story,without a grain of truth in it.