Ukip. All discussion here please.

The problem is that government did not plan for the effects of immigrants doing those things which is way there is increased congestion on the roads, and parts of Britain are struggling to cope with high levels of immigration that have put huge pressures on public services such as the NHS, schools ect. all of which adversely affects the people already here.

There's nothing to 'deny' then.............immigrants are doing nothing wrong,governments are the ones to blame,so why didn't Farage blame the government for not building better motorways for his journey instead of blaming immigrants?

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 22:38 ----------

No one is falling for UKIP, UKIP is the inevitable response to public concerns over immigration, UKIP did not cause the public concerns, UKIP grew out of public concerns that have been ignored for too long by the other parties.

But you've just said that it's governments not planning for the effect of immigration that is the problem..........not the actual immigration,why would there be public concern over immigration,when there should be public concern over lack of government investment in infrastructure?...............what are UKIP's policies for the infrastructure of the UK,and therefore,to alleviate the 'concerns of the public?'

There's nothing to 'deny' then.............immigrants are doing nothing wrong,governments are the ones to blame,so why didn't Farage blame the government for not building better motorways for his journey instead of blaming immigrants?

He did blame the government, it is just your misrepresentation of what he said that leads you to believe that he blames immigrants.

But you've just said that it's governments not planning for the effect of immigration that is the problem..........not the actual immigration,why would there be public concern over immigration,when there should be public concern over lack of government investment in infrastructure?...............what are UKIP's policies for the infrastructure of the UK,and therefore,to alleviate the 'concerns of the public?'

If government does not plan for the effects of immigration then immigration becomes the problem, we can not materialize new road, schools, hospitals, houses over night, but we can cut immigration to a more sustainable level over night if the political will exists.

If government does not plan for the effects of immigration then immigration becomes the problem, we can not materialize new road, schools, hospitals, houses over night, but we can cut immigration to a more sustainable level over night if the political will exists.

Oh,OK,so it's not just UKIP that wants to scapegoat immigrants for the failings of governments...........governments are looking to scapegoat immigrants for the failings of government...........and they invite all these people to work in the NHS and don't have the good grace to build enough infrastructure for them.No wonder Carswell is saying what he's saying.

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 22:59 ----------

He did blame the government, it is just your misrepresentation of what he said that leads you to believe that he blames immigrants.

Not only me,most of the rest of the world now associate him with blaming immigrants for traffic...............guess he knows what it's like to be stigmatised now.:D

Edited by chalga

Oh,OK,so it's not just UKIP that wants to scapegoat immigrants for the failings of governments...........governments are looking to scapegoat immigrants for the failings of government...........and they invite all these people to work in the NHS and don't have the good grace to build enough infrastructure for them.No wonder Carswell is saying what he's saying.

Not only me,most of the rest of the world now associate him with blaming immigrants for traffic...............guess he knows what it's like to be stigmatised now.:D

UKIP blame government immigration policy, not immigrants and once we start to build new infrastructure to accommodate large scale immigration the reason for those immigrant becomes pointless.

Its already been pointed out that employing a foreign nurse is cheaper then training new nurses, but that only works if you don't have to spend money building new roads, schools, hospitals to accommodate the population expansion which is caused by employing immigrants instead of people already here.

Like I said earlier, immigration is a short term, short sighted fix to a long term problem that is made worse by population growth.

Managed immigration with lower numbers would be much better for the UK.

UKIP blame government immigration policy, not immigrants and once we start to build new infrastructure to accommodate large scale immigration the reason for those immigrant becomes pointless.

Douglas Carswell [uKIP MP] has already said that UKIP need to stop blaming immigrants for the things that are wrong in the UK,so there's your proof straight from the horses mouth..............I believe what Douglas Carswell is saying,not what you are saying.

Douglas Carswell [uKIP MP] has already said that UKIP need to stop blaming immigrants for the things that are wrong in the UK,so there's your proof straight from the horses mouth..............I believe what Douglas Carswell is saying,not what you are saying.

I choose to work it out for myself, but you off cause have the right to believe whom ever you wish to believe, and Douglas Carswell is entitled to his opinions.

Open door immigration and rising population along with the state of the M4 is what he was blaming, if you can read where he blames the immigrants please point it out.

"“It took me six hours and 15 minutes in the car to get here. It should have taken three and a half to four,” he later said. “That has nothing to do with professionalism. What is does have to do with is a country in which the population is going through the roof, chiefly because of open-door immigration, and the fact the M4 is not as navigable as it used to be."

Open door immigration and rising population along with the state of the M4 is what he was blaming, if you can read where he blames the immigrants please point it out.

"“It took me six hours and 15 minutes in the car to get here. It should have taken three and a half to four,” he later said. “That has nothing to do with professionalism. What is does have to do with is a country in which the population is going through the roof, chiefly because of open-door immigration, and the fact the M4 is not as navigable as it used to be."

I might be mistaken here,but I think immigration is quite closely connected to immigrants.

I might be mistaken here,but I think immigration is quite closely connected to immigrants.

You can take anything out of its context to mean what you like. As he was talking about the population booming then its fair to say that its not what you were making it out to be. :)