Ukip. All discussion here please.

So do you agree that high population density is one of the factors that make people opposed to more immigration.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 18:39 ----------

)

Whhooooooooooosssshhhhhh.

Went right past you that one didn't it?

No I don't, Most, in fact virtually all immigrants end up in cities.

If you walk around London or Dublin neither seems particularly more crowded than the other. In fact Grafton St is probably more crowded than Oxford St most of the time.

When your in a city, you're in a city, and overcrowding comes literally with the territory the opposition to immigration is mainly down to fear.

'Their different'

'they'll take our jobs'

'They speak funny'

Etc, etc.

That doesn't mean that I'm happy with unrestricted immigration.

This country appears to have lost the plot where control of immigration is concerned.

It's not unreasonable for us to want to know who's coming in to live alongside us.

It's not unreasonable to want to reject criminals, spongers, the mentally deranged and people with a violent history.

We have more than enough of those types of our own.

But seriously, you really think UKIP are the party that can do that?

They can't even control the small party they have and prevent them from embarrassing themselves on a regular basis.

They managed to employ someone who was wanted for being the head of a kidnapping gang back home in Pakistan!

And you think they are capable of sorting out the mess we're in?

Voted UKIP. First time I have ever not voted Tory.

I accept it was illogical because they can't change the European system at these elections, but the campaign of hate against them by the lefties and the left wing media has been so vitriolic I just had to at the last minute.

The thing that clinched it was the echo in my ears of Farage telling that aggressive interviewer that if he didn't know the difference between a group of Romanian men moving in next door and a family of Germans ..... Or words to that effect.

It will definitely be Tory at the general election.

If you walk around London or Dublin neither seems particularly more crowded than the other. In fact Grafton St is probably more crowded than Oxford St most of the time.

When your in a city, you're in a city, and overcrowding comes literally with the territory the opposition to immigration is mainly down to fear.

'Their different'

'they'll take our jobs'

'They speak funny'

Etc, etc.

This country appears to have lost the plot where control of immigration is concerned.

It's not unreasonable for us to want to know who's coming in to live alongside us.

It's not unreasonable to want to reject criminals, spongers, the mentally deranged and people with a violent history.

They can't even control the small party they have and prevent them from embarrassing themselves on a regular basis.

They managed to employ someone who was wanted for being the head of a kidnapping gang back home in Pakistan!

People that live in cities occasionally like to leave them a visit the country side, immigration means we need to build the equivalent of a new Sheffield every years, meaning the country side is shrinking, that's less space out side the city, Island doesn't have a major problem because their population density is significantly lower than England's.

At what point will you decide that our cities are big enough and our country side can't be allowed to shrink any longer.

'Their different'

'they'll take our jobs'

'They speak funny'

Etc, etc.

Oddly some people seem to think they are :huh:

Voted UKIP. First time I have ever not voted Tory.

I accept it was illogical because they can't change the European system at these elections, but the campaign of hate against them by the lefties and the left wing media has been so vitriolic I just had to at the last minute.

The thing that clinched it was the echo in my ears of Farage telling that aggressive interviewer that if he didn't know the difference between a group of Romanian men moving in next door and a family of Germans ..... Or words to that effect.

It will definitely be Tory at the general election.

I would vote Tory at the next election, but I know they can't take this seat away from Labour, a tactical vote for UKIP who might take it away from them gives the Tories a bigger chance of an over all majority.