Ukip. All discussion here please.

It's a well known load of cack - see here. You really do swallow any old guff don't you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kevin-grandia/the-30000-global-warming_b_243092.html

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 16:32 ----------

"The petition project was a deliberate attempt to mislead scientists and to rally them in an attempt to undermine support for the Kyoto Protocol. The petition was not based on a review of the science of global climate change, nor were its signers experts in the field of climate science."

So said the National Academy of Science.

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 16:36 ----------

And from the author of the piece ''Given all this it seems to me that anyone touting this as proof that "global warming is a hoax" completely misunderstands the process of scientific endeavor or has completely exhausted any real argument that rightfully brings into to doubt the reality of climate change.''

Which is it with you, complete misunderstanding of science, or lack of a real argument? Maybe both?

You really do swallow some guff don't you.

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:35 ----------

You've been thoroughly shown up.

Certainly not by that link,

"Could you run that by me, again? The lead author of a paper which purports to assess the achievements and credibility of hundreds of collective years of scientific expertise, that lead author is a climate change student at Standford University?

The same Stanford University at which paper co-author Stephen Schneider happens to teach?"

You really do swallow some guff don't you.

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:35 ----------

Certainly not by that link,

"Could you run that by me, again? The lead author of a paper which purports to assess the achievements and credibility of hundreds of collective years of scientific expertise, that lead author is a climate change student at Standford University?

The same Stanford University at which paper co-author Stephen Schneider happens to teach?"

Climate change has become one of the Four Amigos of the left.. along with feminism, homophobia and racism.... anyone who does not tow the party line and condemn, without any thought or principle, is obviously carrying the Hitler gene... :hihi:

No it does not.

Why should industries that are doing well and employing lots of people increase their wage level, when they have a huge supply of people wanting jobs and willing to work for low pay.

Because they should. Say the tourism industry is flourishing, hotels should pay their staff based on how much money they make. The more they earn, the higher their wages should be.

Food factories seem to employ a large number of immigrants. Maybe the work there would look more appealing of they paid higher wages?!

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:46 ----------

Why don't you show us the proof he is wrong?

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there's some ties between UKIP and a massive energy company that benefits from denying climate change?! Prove me wrong! :hihi:

Because they should. Say the tourism industry is flourishing, hotels should pay their staff based on how much money they make. The more they earn, the higher their wages should be.

Food factories seem to employ a large number of immigrants. Maybe the work there would look more appealing of they paid higher wages?!

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 17:46 ----------

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there's some ties between UKIP and a massive energy company that benefits from denying climate change?! Prove me wrong! :hihi:

But they have no reason to, there are millions of people willing and ready to work for low wages, the best way to get them to pay more is to decrease the supply of potential employees willing to work for low pay.

But they have no reason to, there are millions of people willing and ready to work for low wages, the best way to get them to pay more is to decrease the supply of potential employees willing to work for low pay.

That's one way of doing it. But that way will mean cutting the number of hard working, tax paying immigrants that come into the UK and I don't see any need for that.

My way benefits everyone.

Climate change has become one of the Four Amigos of the left.. along with feminism, homophobia and racism.... anyone who does not tow the party line and condemn, without any thought or principle, is obviously carrying the Hitler gene... :hihi:

Straw man arguments are easily dismissed - or are you maintaining that all the organisations referred to in this article are part of the political left?

That's one way of doing it. But that way will mean cutting the number of hard working, tax paying immigrants that come into the UK and I don't see any need for that.

My way benefits everyone.

What way is that and how will it benefit everyone?