Ukip. All discussion here please.

Salaries based on business performance.

It will make jobs in places like factories, supermarkets, hotels etc. more desirable.

I really despair at people sometimes. If you decide that companies who are successful will have to pay their staff more then successful companies will start to relocate their businesses elsewhere. Look at the situation now where companies like Starbucks and Google have managed to pay no tax in this country by nominally basing their UK operations in a different country with better tax arrangements.

The fact is that there is an awful lot of money sloshing around in this country that businesses want to get their hands on. At the moment the bosses of said companies are able to get their hands on as much of that money as they possibly can because they can pay minimal wages to the staff they need in order to maximise the amount of money they gain for themselves.

And this has been facilitated by more and more cheap labour being brought in.

I really despair at people sometimes. If you decide that companies who are successful will have to pay their staff more then successful companies will start to relocate their businesses elsewhere. Look at the situation now where companies like Starbucks and Google have managed to pay no tax in this country by nominally basing their UK operations in a different country with better tax arrangements.

The fact is that there is an awful lot of money sloshing around in this country that businesses want to get their hands on. At the moment the bosses of said companies are able to get their hands on as much of that money as they possibly can because they can pay minimal wages to the staff they need in order to maximise the amount of money they gain for themselves.

And this has been facilitated by more and more cheap labour being brought in.

What you are saying then,is that if all the cheap labour being brought in was not brought in,business would be forced to pay higher wages...............and then you are saying that if a business was forced to pay higher wages,they would re locate to somewhere else?

What you are saying then,is that if all the cheap labour being brought in was not brought in,business would be forced to pay higher wages...............and then you are saying that if a business was forced to pay higher wages,they would re locate to somewhere else?

That's a good point. But it ignores the fact that if a company is explicitly told they will have to pay more wages in the form of legislation they, and their customers, will probably go elsewhere. But if it happens more organically, companies just have to pay more to recruit, rather than being compelled to do so, then it's much more likely that they'll go along with it and wages will increase naturally.

I just hope that people don't get cold feet come election time. Chances are by voting UKIP you will let labour into power, the exact opposite of what your voting for, but think of the bigger picture. Ok we will likely get another 5 years of the same, but UKIP will have a much greater voice in those 5 years, it will affect british politics in a big way and bring changes to policy to try and keep UKIP down.

Vote again in 2020 and then see real change. Only question now is how many people will bottle it come the general election.

We're all still voting UKIP, whatever.

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 04:42 ----------

I just hope that people don't get cold feet come election time. Chances are by voting UKIP you will let labour into power, the exact opposite of what your voting for,

Not really, UKIP will announce some left leaning policies in the weeks to come.

I'd prefer a Labour win.

We're all still voting UKIP, whatever.

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 04:42 ----------

Not really, UKIP will announce some left leaning policies in the weeks to come.

I'd prefer a Labour win.

I will be voting UKIP but would prefer a Conservative win, but most of the UKIP supporters that I know are normally Labour supporters. Just goes to show that they are attracting support from both sides of the political spectrum.

I will be voting UKIP but would prefer a Conservative win, but most of the UKIP supporters that I know are normally Labour supporters. Just goes to show that they are attracting support from both sides of the political spectrum.

I don't think Labour will do a better job my theory is that it will all come crashing down under Labour much quicker...

I don't think Labour will do a better job my theory is that it will all come crashing down under Labour much quicker...

Things will come crashing down towards the end of a Labour administration, just like it always does.

Nigel today was honest about his wish for the NHS: Cut the middle management.

Will it stop at the middle management though? He seems quite unrealistic about the challenges facing the NHS related to an age increase per capita...