Ukip. All discussion here please.

Because it hasn't so far. UKIP supporters are the most committed to their party.

Hang on a minute, many of UKIP's senior members were members of other political parties (especially Conservative). Their only 2 Members of Parliament are from the Conservatives. Their leader is constantly telling the press that they're going to get support from voters of other parties (e.g. Conservative and Labour). How is that consistent with commitment to a party?

And why is it that so many UKIP members have been sacked from the party if they have the most committed supporters?

I think you're making it up as you're going along. That doesn't say commitment, it says flailing around aimlessly

---------- Post added 22-01-2015 at 19:54 ----------

Because when he speaks,you do and are right to believe him.No other party offers that,but they shamelessly keep trying to change folks view,but it wont work.

Isn't that what political parties & debate is all about, trying to change people's views?

Edited by Mister M

Hang on a minute, many of UKIP's senior members were members of other political parties (especially Conservative). Their only 2 Members of Parliament are from the Conservatives. Their leader is constantly telling the press that they're going to get support from voters of other parties (e.g. Conservative and Labour). How is that consistent with commitment to a party?

And why is it that so many UKIP members have been sacked from the party if they have the most committed supporters?

I think you're making it up as you're going along. That doesn't say commitment, it says flailing around aimlessly

We don't care we're all still voting UKIP.

Just goes to show how little difference there is between party politics and how nomadic politicians are. They just go where the money is.

We don't care we're all still voting UKIP.

Is that commitment? Doesn't sound like it to me.

With a couple of honourable exceptions, I get the distinct impression from most UKIP supporters that they don't care if UKIP want to try to diminish the N.H.S, or hammer the low paid (even though their most vocal supporters can't afford private health insurance, because they are low paid). They vote UKIP because UKIP are outspoken about immigrants.

And that's what tickles the erogenous zone of your average UKIPPER, suspicion and dislike of foreigners who are a threat to 'our way of life'. That's probably why lots of racists like UKIP.

With a couple of honourable exceptions, I get the distinct impression from most UKIP supporters that they don't care if UKIP want to try to diminish the N.H.S, or hammer the low paid (even though their most vocal supporters can't afford private health insurance, because they are low paid). They vote UKIP because UKIP are outspoken about immigrants.

And that's what tickles the erogenous zone of your average UKIPPER, suspicion and dislike of foreigners who are a threat to 'our way of life'.

To a certain extent you are right, for many members the anti-foriegner agenda certainly suits their own identity. I also think that a sizeable amount of their members belong to the anti-change lets take the UK back to what it was like when I was younger brigade.

I wonder if for whatever reason, Farage left the party and started his own which way the supporters would go. Are the UKIP supporters following him or the party?

To a certain extent you are right, for many members the anti-foriegner agenda certainly suits their own identity. I also think that a sizeable amount of their members belong to the anti-change lets take the UK back to what it was like when I was younger brigade.

I wonder if for whatever reason, Farage left the party and started his own which way the supporters would go. Are the UKIP supporters following him or the party?

I don't think it's a Farage thing especially. He's not especially charismatic or charming. Some of their members have principled objections to the EU, and that's fine and proper.

But a lot of their policies and pronouncements don't feel very consistent to me. I think it's all this Daily Mail 'political correctness gone mad' stuff that attracts a lot of its members.

I don't think it's a Farage thing especially. He's not especially charismatic or charming. Some of their members have principled objections to the EU, and that's fine and proper.

But a lot of their policies and pronouncements don't feel very consistent to me. I think it's all this Daily Mail 'political correctness gone mad' stuff that attracts a lot of its members.

I think that Daily Mail anti-political correctness people are the same people as the anti-change brigade.

Although there will always be an amount of people who are uncomfortable will change, I think that the anti-change population is growing because our mainstream politicians have completely failed to engage with the population and explain why changes are necessary and why they happen.

Most definatly Nigel.He is quick, straight talking and believes in what hes about,The UK's interests.

There isn't another leader you can say any of the same. Slimy cant ever answer a question and Cameroon uses the word could in everything, but of course could is a far cry from will.

Nodody seems to want to answer the question,but did you want to be ruled by people you didn't vote in and cant vote out?

Thats what you already have! Democracy indeed!

Most definatly Nigel.He is quick, straight talking and believes in what hes about,The UK's interests.

There isn't another leader you can say any of the same. Slimy cant ever answer a question and Cameroon uses the word could in everything, but of course could is a far cry from will.

Nodody seems to want to answer the question,but did you want to be ruled by people you didn't vote in and cant vote out?

Thats what you already have! Democracy indeed!

I think the debate is more nuanced than you're allowing for.

In my opinion many of the changes that JFKvsNixon alluded to in his post above have not resulted from the EU, but of the international market, & the fact that it has been allowed to govern our lives unfettered.

Although Farage and co rail against the modern world, many of them are ardent neo liberal supporters - although I will concede that their proposals to nationalise some privatised institutions are to be welcomed.

And that's what tickles the erogenous zone of your average UKIPPER, suspicion and dislike of foreigners who are a threat to 'our way of life'. That's probably why lots of racists like UKIP.

Change the record its all sounding a bit desperate now.

We're all still voting UKIP :D