Ukip. All discussion here please.

:):)

Most UKIP voters will very likley be voting UKIP because it is the party most likley to beat the party they dislike even more.

Oh dear Lora - I'm going to disagree with you!

I have already voted UKIP. Not because I think it may stop someone else getting in, but actually because I've read their manifesto and agree with most of it (not all). Also found I disagreed with much more of the 'other' manifestos.

Cutting immigration isn't xenophobic but it would appeal to xenophobes, therefor xenophobes are most likley to vote for the party that is offering to cut immigration policy. If Labour, the Greens, the Lib/Dems promised to cut immigration and use a points based system, they too would attract xenophobes but it wouldn't make those parties xenophobic.
For 2015-2020:

Labour wants a cap on numbers of non-EU workers and would tighten student visa rules. Party would stop migrants claiming benefits during their first two years and outlaw child benefit being sent to youngsters overseas. It would ban recruitment agencies from only recruiting abroad and clamp down on gangmasters.

Lib Dems say they would continue to allow high-skill immigration and would conduct annual assessments of skill shortages and of the impact of migration on services. The Lib Dems would also require new Jobseekers Allowance claimants with poor English skills to attend language classes.

The Greens deplore the “scapegoating” of immigrants, reject any cap on numbers and say there should be no restriction on foreign students. But they stress their opposition to “an open-borders approach”, accepting the need for some immigration controls.

No parties have pledged, vowed, promised or even suggested to remove the current PBS system. Which Labour introduced in 2008, by the way.

Just sayin' :)

How do you know that is not all of them... now you prove it.

I've just given you the link and where the figures are produced from............if you want to call them liars,produce your own set of figures.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 12:29 ----------

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 12:31 ----------

That must then apply to all political parties because they all appeal to various members of society. Example, the Green are being opportunistic by offering £10 an hour MW because that would appeal to some people.

Completely different situation, offering someone an incentive to vote for you is acceptable on the proviso it is reasonable and then honoured.

Playing on someones ill informed narrow mindedness to your advantage is despicable.

A number of the racist element voting Ukip seem basically to be wanting 'foreigners out', obviously not all, but enough to make a difference at the polls and Ukip are playing on that view.

It is perfectly acceptable and sensible to want the authorities to have better control over our borders than at present, it is also reasonable to express concern over EU expansion.

Those things concern me also but they require reasoned sensible debate, not knee jerk " It's all them un's fault and everything will be splendid if we can get rid/leave ".

Little thought seems to be given to practicalities by some people, the NHS would suffer hugely if all foreigners were removed.

Over 11% of all staff are non British and over 26% of Doctors are foreign.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fsociety%2F2014%2Fjan%2F26%2Fnhs-foreign-nationals-immigration-health-service&ei=9VNLVZSSEOaF7QaQ6YHwDg&usg=AFQjCNE4FDnhT4Y3K5vQyjhIRuZefUkpag&bvm=bv.92765956,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Yes we have problems and need action but all Ukip seem to be doing is taking advantage for their own benefit.

If it wakes the other parties up good, but not at the expense of putting a load of opportunists in power.

How can you have a sensible debate when Merkel says the UKs concerns ie immigration are not up for debate.Free movement is a cornerstone of the EU and will remain. Time to go it alone and tomorrow Cameron will have a stronger hand to deal or the permission of the UK voters to leave. Vote UKIP.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 13:34 ----------

hope to see you all tomorrow and gloat at how well UKIP has done thanks to us racists/xenophobes or maybe we are just concerned citizens of this country. Vote UKIP.

A number of the racist element voting Ukip seem basically to be wanting 'foreigners out',obviously not all, but enough to make a difference at the polls and Ukip are playing on that view.

Little thought seems to be given to practicalities by some people, the NHS would suffer hugely if all foreigners were removed.

Over 11% of all staff are non British and over 26% of Doctors are foreign.

UKIP have never said "foreigners out" mjw. They have said we need to control the numbers coming in! Hell of a difference!

It's OK giving percentages of NHS staff and I would not disagree with you. Most (maybe most of them) of these are from countries outside the EU. I haven't come across (NHS locally) any doctor, nurse or carer from within the EU.

:)