Ukip. All discussion here please.

I did place a bet on UKIP getting less than 10% of the vote but not at 3-1. It was 11-4.

whatever has happened (the polls have nearly closed), UKIP will definitely be closer to 10 than 15%. But that is a big advance for them. Even 10% would be quite a feat. If Farage loses Thanet South the whole thing will bust open and fall apart like it would have done anyway, but quicker.

oh theres a book too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wisdom-Nigel-Farage-Blank-book/dp/0091960096

The definitive collection of Nigel Farage's witty quips, wise pronouncements and political insights. Every single one of them.

Nigel Farage is a down-to-earth ex-banker and self-styled man of the people. He was elected to the European Parliament in 1999 and has attended occasionally ever since. He enjoys fishing, drinking beer and scaremongering, and dislikes evidence-based politics and Belgians.

** Please note that this book is, of course, entirely blank **

There are these things called opinion polls. http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

UKIP is forecast to get about 3 seats, or about the same as Plaid Cymru.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 21:01 ----------

All 3 obviously. How else would you judge the outcome of an election?

Not all 3 are linked.

They could increase their votes but not gain any more seats.

They could increase their votes over other parties but not win any more seats.

Or they could just win more seats.

My thinking is they get a few seats, become a bit more prominent, get found out and by that time people who voted for them will see that UKIP are not up to it.

Sometimes all that is needed in these situations is a bit more oxygen of publicity, Nick Griffin style.

That said, UKIP deserve a chance to state their case

Correct, as you may have gathered I am not a fan of Ukip.

What I am a fan of though is democracy, I was watching the match tonight with a Ukip supporter who informed me that Darlington experienced a complete balls up where they failed to include the Ukip candidate on the ballot paper.

Despite which they went ahead with the vote!

If true that is completely ridiculous and undemocratic.

The whole point of the system is that whilst we may all disagree we are all fully entitled to our opinions and should be allowed to express them freely.

I am a supporter of PR + STV, under which fair and truly democratic system Ukip - who I detest - would obtain far more seats than they will under FPTP.

You see that's the thing, in a democracy we should all be represented in equal measure.

Everyone believes that they have the answer, everyone believes that they, and they alone now the truth.

Obviously, I am the only one that actually does.

But in a democracy all of you are entitled to believe that you may actually be right. :roll:

And in a democracy that is of course your right. :hihi:

oh well Angela Smith got in but I take solace on the following points.

1. UKIP got over 10000 votes and if they had combined with the tory vote then Labour would have lost so who knows next time?.

2. Looks like David Cameron will not need any support from UKIP as he will get a majority.

3. Point 2 means that hopefully I will get my vote on the EU which is what I want so its a win win for me.

4. It was a hill to climb as I said earlier round here they would vote for a red post box.

With any luck the vote will be in 2017 as I think even Cameron will have to give us the vote, it was a serious mistake by Milliband to say he would not give us a referendum as he said it was too important a decision for the electorate, very condescending. That together with the possibility of SNP coalition obviously sealed his fate. To all you Kipper bashers, you were right, but maybe it will have an effect on future policies. As this thread will no doubt close soon I bid you all a happy future, that you continue to thrive whatever your political persuasions and I thank you for your views upon this thread. I have enjoyed the jokes, the literary jousts and insights you have provided. Have a good day.:)

Not all 3 are linked.

They could increase their votes but not gain any more seats.

They could increase their votes over other parties but not win any more seats.

Or they could just win more seats.

Of course they're all linked. Parties gain seats based on how many votes they get compared to how many votes other parties get.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 08:56 ----------

oh well Angela Smith got in but I take solace on the following points.

1. UKIP got over 10000 votes and if they had combined with the tory vote then Labour would have lost so who knows next time?.

Welcome back to Planet Earth. UKIP were third despite all you people in north Sheffield thinking you were going to come first. You have one seat nationally at the moment and reports from Thanet aren't looking good for Farage.

You could do with ditching the fantasies and getting real about things.

UKIP will not do very well.

How do you know that? Got a crystal ball?

Apparently so.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 09:00 ----------

UKIP will not do very well.

well i look forward to coming back tomorrow and hearing your excuses for being incorrect:hihi::hihi::hihi:

And we all look forward to hearing your excuses for being incorrect.