Ukip. All discussion here please.

The result is out and he's failed to become MP. He's also backed himself into a corner over his resignation with done if his comments over the subject, so he's got very little choice over that issue.
I'm just going by my (long held-) gut feel that he's simply emulating LePen's political existential system: keep appealing to the lowest common denominator to stay in politics, high and ruthlessly enough to keep the party reins and cream a living on expenses, low enough not to have to take on the real workload and responsibilities (by dropping AAA-size PR clangers if real electoral success should threaten) ;)

My £0.01 is he stays on, and quietly rebuilds.

Edited by L00b

UKIP is forecast to get about 3 seats, or about the same as Plaid Cymru.

But withy a much higher % of the vote!

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 11:05 ----------

Farage is rumoured to be in third place in his target seat, so what does this mean for UKIP because he said he's going to stand down if he doesn't win his seat.

Just a little bit missing from there JFK. "stand down" should read stand down as Leader!

:):)

Edited by esme
quote tags

Just a little bit missing from there JFK. "stand down" should read stand down as Leader!

:):)

That is what I'm talking about!

Anyway, what a weasel!

Farage has resigned as leader of UKIP, he said he's thinking about putting his name forward as one of the candidates on the leadership contest that'll happen in the summer!

So he's managed to find a way to carry on as leader without looking like a barefaced liar.

That is what I'm talking about!

Anyway, what a weasel!

Farage has resigned as leader of UKIP, he said he's thinking about putting his name forward as one of the candidates on the leadership contest that'll happen in the summer!

So he's managed to find a way to carry on as leader without looking like a barefaced liar.

He'll have to be voted as such by UKIP.. at least he's willing to stand for election within his party unlike some other politicians..

He'll have to be voted as such by UKIP.. at least he's willing to stand for election within his party unlike some other politicians..

He's had 7 attempts at being elected as MP and lost them all. If he stands for UKIP leader every now and again at least he'll have that success. I can't see them electing anyone else. Who else is there?

Carswell and Reckless must be kicking themselves. If they'd stayed as Tory MPs they'd have a hell of a lot of clout now given Cameron's small majority.

all i can say is

HAHAHAHAHA

there must be some humble pie being eaten on here from a certain few who have spent the past 5 years bigging them up for world domination.

now they have less seats and no leader and no chance :P

wonder if they will imlode in abig shower of **** like other far right groups / parties?

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 18:13 ----------

He's had 7 attempts at being elected as MP and lost them all. If he stands for UKIP leader every now and again at least he'll have that success. I can't see them electing anyone else. Who else is there?

Carswell and Reckless must be kicking themselves. If they'd stayed as Tory MPs they'd have a hell of a lot of clout now given Cameron's small majority.

reckless lost his seat too?

i mentioned it at work, the only real character they have that people know, who has a media image is farage. to all intents and purposes they are a one man party

all i can say is

HAHAHAHAHA

there must be some humble pie being eaten on here from a certain few who have spent the past 5 years bigging them up for world domination.

now they have less seats and no leader and no chance :P

Did you mean to post this in the Labour thread Mel? :hihi:

Going on from here, what will be the point of UKIP in the next election? There's going to be a referendum on EU membership during the next parliament so that issue would've been put to bed on way or another.

Going on from here, what will be the point of UKIP in the next election? There's going to be a referendum on EU membership during the next parliament so that issue would've been put to bed on way or another.

thats one of the 2 policies gone then, aswell as the main "face" lol

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 20:56 ----------

Whats the difference between a smart car and UKIP......... A smart car has 2 seats