Ukip. All discussion here please.

What about their policies ?

plural?

It seems they have three!

1) free us from the clutches of the EU - this sounds noble in principle

2) reduce immigration from inside and outside of the EU - this also sounds noble in principle

3) relax the ban on firearms, which would give respectable and decent upstanding citizens like myself the right to carry a handgun. I think this is a great idea, I really can't see anything wrong with having hundreds of thousands of guns suddenly flooding the country. No, can't see any problems on the horizon with that.

So why don't I vote UKIP?

Simple really, the policies are sound, but the leader, the election candidates and the supporters are all complete nutcases (with apologies to any sufferers of mental illnesses)

Nearly 4 million in this country didn't think so.

That is a lot of votes for just one seat. Very unfair whether you like UKIP or not. Various PR systems would have netted them between 30-70 seats with that share of the vote.

That is a lot of votes for just one seat. Very unfair whether you like UKIP or not. Various PR systems would have netted them between 30-70 seats with that share of the vote.

I think what will get a lot of people annoyed is the amount of seats the SNP got with less than half the votes. Happy to see their representative on question time though, he still believes that PR is the only fair system even though they benefited from the FPTP system.

They got 50% of the vote as they only stood in Scotland.

No they live in the UK and only got 4.7% of the vote, but have 8.7% of MP's.

UKIP/Lib Dem/Greens got 24.3% of the vote and only got 1.5% of MP's.

That's 7,454,630 people represented by 10 MP's verses 1,454,436 represented by 56 MP's.

SNP 25972 people per MP

Labour 40290 people per MP

Con 34244 people per MP

UKIP 3,881,129 people per MP

Greens 1,157,613 people per MP

Lb Dem 301986 people per MP

Edited by loraward

No they live in the UK and only got 4.7% of the vote, but have 8.7% of MP's.

UKIP/Lib Dem/Greens got 24.3% of the vote and only got 1.5% of MP's.

That's 7,454,630 people represented by 10 MP's verses 1,454,436 represented by 56 MP's.

SNP 25972 people per MP

Labour 40290 people per MP

Con 34244 people per MP

UKIP 3,881,129 people per MP

Greens 1,157,613 people per MP

Lb Dem 301986 people per MP

Thanks for posting this. I defy anybody to argue this is not indicative of a badly broken system.

For nearly a couple of centuries, apart from a few parliaments, the system worked because there were two dominant main parties. Now there aren't. There are new parties and the system is now less democratic