Ukip. All discussion here please.

Thanks for posting this. I defy anybody to argue this is not indicative of a badly broken system.

For nearly a couple of centuries, apart from a few parliaments, the system worked because there were two dominant main parties. Now there aren't. There are new parties and the system is now less democratic

The Conservative MP on question time did his best to claim the system is fair and that only people that lost are complaining, the SNP disagreed with him even though they got the most benefit from the system we have.

wow, thats a lot of idiots :hihi:

Your logic is unbelievable! Or have you nothing better to say?

I don't care for Labour or the Tories, but wouldn't call all their supporters "idiots"!

Everyone to their own beliefs and opinions.

:confused:

Your logic is unbelievable! Or have you nothing better to say?

I don't care for Labour or the Tories, but wouldn't call all their supporters "idiots"!

Everyone to their own beliefs and opinions.

:confused:

you support ukip then talk to me about logic :hihi::help:

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 12:35 ----------

Or a lot of sensible people and you're the idiot:hihi:

in the small warped world of ukip thats probably about right :hihi:

you support ukip then talk to me about logic :hihi::help:

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 12:35 ----------

in the small warped world of ukip thats probably about right :hihi:

4 million to 1, I think the odds may be against you.:hihi:

The Conservative MP on question time did his best to claim the system is fair and that only people that lost are complaining, the SNP disagreed with him even though they got the most benefit from the system we have.

The problem with PR arises when you don't put up a candidate in every seat. If you are a minor party and only contest one or two seats you could get 60% of the vote but still get stuck with an MP who is from a different country in the UK who doesn't care a jot about local issues. Northern Ireland springs to mind.

The problem with PR arises when you don't put up a candidate in every seat. If you are a minor party and only contest one or two seats you could get 60% of the vote but still get stuck with an MP who is from a different country in the UK who doesn't care a jot about local issues. Northern Ireland springs to mind.

Not if we used a regional list system, similar to the euro elections.

UKIP will not do very well.

Wrong. They did surprisingly well in terms of winning people's votes. the fact this didn't translate to many seats in parliament is a shortcoming of the electoral system not a reflection on their performance.

UKIP won three times as many votes as SNP. For this The SNP got 56 seats in parliament. uKIP got 1.