Ukip. All discussion here please.

Is he supposed to brief Ukip policy from the Westminster Arms? He's failed to win South Thanet so it's curtains for him. He'll will have to step down.

I bet every UKIPer is delighted he is making this come-back.

Edited by poppet2

I bet ever UKIPer is delighted he is making this come-back.

Do you think that they'll disagree with my statement, and my previous one where I said I think that it's frankly just not credible for Farage to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat?

Do you think that they'll disagree with my statement, and my previous one where I said I think that it's frankly just not credible for Farage to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat?

No, because there is only one UKIP MP, which will hardly make any difference and most people regard Farage as the face of UKIP, regardless.

No, because there is only one UKIP MP, which will hardly make any difference and most people regard Farage as the face of UKIP, regardless.

I was paraphrasing what Farage said about himself in the run up to the election. Here's what he said in his biography:

"It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat. Was I supposed to brief Ukip policy from the Westminster Arms? No - if I fail to win South Thanet, it is curtains for me. I will have to step down."

Apparently, it is rumoured that the UKIP MP Douglas Carswell isn't happy with the decision and he might well leave the party.

I was paraphrasing what Farage said about himself in the run up to the election. Here's what he said in his biography:

Apparently, it is rumoured that the UKIP MP Douglas Carswell isn't happy with the decision and he might well leave the party.

Great news. Farage could then replace him.:D

Cars well must remember that without Farage, there wouldn't have been a UKIP party for him to defect to.:P

Change the goalposts you mean so that UKIP stand a chance? :hihi:

Why UKIP? Why not the Greens. LibDems, etc - they "lost out" just as much!

---------- Post added 11-05-2015 at 18:28 ----------

I think that it's frankly just not credible for Farage to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat.

Why not? Natalie Bennett is doing it, same as Britain First lot, BNP etc!

Plain fact is he put in his resignation and the Executive council refused to accept it.

Democracy at work!

Why not? Natalie Bennett is doing it, same as Britain First lot, BNP etc!

Plain fact is he put in his resignation and the Executive council refused to accept it.

Democracy at work!

I'm only repeating what Farage said. Why do you think he said that?

With what he said and what he's done,they could regard him as the 2 faces of UKIP.