Ukip. All discussion here please.

Interesting discussions going on at Huffington post regarding south Thanet ballot boxes - apparently they went missing for 6 and a half hours, hence the very late declared result... Make of that what you will..??

Blimey. Any info on where the boxes went?

OR

they dont have another "face" and would face the party going down the pan

It's not necessary for UKIP to select another personality for the sake of satisfying people who don't like us and don't vote for us anyway, what the membership wants is what matters, and the majority of UKIP members will be very pleased the NEC has rejected his resignation.

Guest sibon
It's not necessary for UKIP to select another personality for the sake of satisfying people who don't like us and don't vote for us anyway, what the membership wants is what matters, and the majority of UKIP members will be very pleased the NEC has rejected his resignation.

If UKIP want to get any serious representation in Parliament, they need more than 10% of the vote.

Having a leader who misleads the electorate isn't the way to build that vote. Just ask the Lib Dems.

If UKIP want to get any serious representation in Parliament, they need more than 10% of the vote.

Electoral reform towards PR would deliver vastly more MPs for UKIP, even at 10%. Making our Parliament more representative of voters will be an important issue in coming years, and isn't just an issue for UKIP, but would also benefit Greens and Lib Dems.

Guest sibon
Electoral reform towards PR would deliver vastly more MPs for UKIP, even at 10%. Making our Parliament more representative of voters will be an important issue in coming years, and isn't just an issue for UKIP, but would also benefit Greens and Lib Dems.

I don't disagree. And I think that UKIP have been badly served by FPP. But so have The Greens and Labour.

How exactly do you think that we will move to PR?

I don't disagree. And I think that UKIP have been badly served by FPP. But so have The Greens and Labour.

How exactly do you think that we will move to PR?

I think minority parties like UKIP, Green, LD need to put their political differences aside to make it an issue, but the public also need to make some noise about it.

It will take a long time and Lib Dems must shoulder some responsibility after giving us the referendum on AV which was an inferior choice to proper PR in my opinion.

Guest sibon
I think minority parties like UKIP, Green, LD need to put their political differences aside to make it an issue, but the public also need to make some noise about it.

It will take a long time and Lib Dems must shoulder some responsibility after giving us the referendum on AV which was an inferior choice to proper PR in my opinion.

There is no chance of PR. The largest party in a FPP system will make sure of that.

The AV referendum was truly awful, I agree.

I was banging this drum 5 years ago.

In 2010 the Lib-Dems got 6.8 million votes, Labour got 8.6 million votes and the Tories got 10.7 million votes.

This translated into 57 MPs for the Lib-Dems, 258 MPs for Labour and 306 for the Tories.

Unfortunately, nobody seemed to be to bothered about it 5 years ago, and now some people can see that they might benefit from PR, all of a sudden it's a political necessity for UKIP.

How long have UKIP been a party, and how long has this been a political necessity for them? Why has it taken them so long?

---------- Post added 11-05-2015 at 23:37 ----------

The Lib-Dems tried and failed to get a referendum for PR, AV was compromise. It was AV or nothing.