Ukip. All discussion here please.

Looks like it has started already

"Douglas Carswell

A major stand-off has developed between senior UKIP figures and the party's only MP over public money they are entitled to receive.

UKIP is entitled to around £650,000 of what's known as Short money which goes to opposition parties to help finance their backroom operations.

Douglas Carswell was approached by UKIP's party secretary on Monday and asked to recruit 15 extra staff for his parliamentary office.

The Clacton MP rejected the proposal.

He made it clear he was not going to agree to the plan which sources close to him have described as "improper"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32707357

One to make the tea,one to put the sugar in,one to stir the tea............what's wrong with him?:D

Actually,it's a good job that Nigel wasn't elected as an MP,he'd have married 15 more Germans and Carswell would never have been asked.

Edited by chalga

Douglas Carswell was approached by UKIP's party secretary on Monday and asked to recruit 15 extra staff for his parliamentary office.

Ammunition for when the Kippers on here next go on about snouts in the trough.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 21:06 ----------

I thought that a break from Farage might actually do UKIP a favour in the long run. I thought that he lost his way during the campaign and this would have undoubtedly cost UKIP seats.

He was far too one-dimensional. All he ever talked about was immigration. When the national debate was about the economy or the NHS he could only mention immigration, like he did when talking about traffic jams on the M4 a few months ago.

UKIP need a leader who can break out of Farage's small-mindedness.

My take on UKIP is this. They have probably caused the greatest shake up of the other parties since the war. The Labour Party will be much tougher on immigration after the election. I think its finally clicked that this is important to their traditional followers. The Conservatives have agreed to a EU referendum because of UKIP and they will become UKIP lite over the next five years..

I reckon that the reason UKIP didn't win more seats is because the electorate wouldn't be confident on them running the economy. People are more concerned with their own lives and jobs, their mortgages and the running of public services. UKIP have no experience. If you go for a job and are asked about some of the requirements in the job description and you replied, you'd never done it but you have ideas how to do it differently, chances are you'd be rejected. People like stability. UKIP would be a perceived risk.

The Tory Party are the only credible party who can run the country at the moment. There is no alternative. The others, for one reason of the other, don't have what's needed.

The Labour Party is a corpse and will become the new Lib Dems, who are finished.

The Greens have been rejected, their left wing ideas are for a different era. In fact I can't ever see a left wing party winning power again.

Politics are going right wing. This will increase when the Scots leave, which they will.

England rejects left wing politics these days, rightly.

Yet, the electorate was 50/50 between left and right wing parties.

Greens got their highest ever number of votes.

The real story is the two main parties got their lowest ever share of the vote between then - 65%. Over a third voted for another party.

You need to rethink your argument.

Carswell was talking about the money and why he rejected it this morning on Radio 4. He seems to have upset some Kippers with his integrity;

"A senior party staffer told the BBC that it was up to the party how it spent the money, which would go to Ukip regardless of Carswell’s views. “This is him throwing his toys out of the pram because he thought Nigel wouldn’t be leader any more.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/13/ukip-mp-public-money-douglas-carswell

Carswell was talking about the money and why he rejected it this morning on Radio 4. He seems to have upset some Kippers with his integrity;

"A senior party staffer told the BBC that it was up to the party how it spent the money, which would go to Ukip regardless of Carswell’s views. “This is him throwing his toys out of the pram because he thought Nigel wouldn’t be leader any more.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/13/ukip-mp-public-money-douglas-carswell

Who would have believed it........A UKIP MP who thought that Farage meant what he said?:D

Oh really, Mr senior UKIP party staffer?

If Carswell doesn’t accept some of the money, “the party will take a dim view of 4 million people going unrepresented,” the source said.
That looks like Carswell is losing the toy-throwing contest to that senior party staffer by a country mile :hihi:

Here was me thinking it was only MPs who did the representation bit, not their staffers :roll:;)

All just comforting my long-held views about UKIP being nothing more than a snout-trough pairing machine.