Ukip. All discussion here please.

That's incorrect, the elected MP in the area where I live doesn't represent me, but I have been represented by an MP from a different area, I contacted them, made an appointment to see them and they took up my case.

The other day your avatar, since changed, said you lived in Sheffield whereas in reality you live in Rother Valley. So what do you know about who your MP is.

Interesting discussions going on at Huffington post regarding south Thanet ballot boxes - apparently they went missing for 6 and a half hours, hence the very late declared result... Make of that what you will..??

The police have made nothing of it. There was no evidence of it. It all arose from nothing other than internet speculation.

"Kent Police said initial investigations were prompted by contact from outside the county expressing concerns over social media speculation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32725167

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 08:31 ----------

I know enough about him to know that he doesn't represent me.

But Kevin Barron is your MP whether you accept it or not. You fall into the trap most UKIP supporters fall into - believing that if you say something is true it must be true (see saunaman above).

But Kevin Barron is your MP whether you accept it or not. You fall into the trap most UKIP supporters fall into - believing that if you say something is true it must be true (see saunaman above).

Kevin Barron represents the Labour party and his own self interests, that is why I chose to be represented by an MP from a different area.

As I said above, sunshine.

What you think is unimportant.

I know that if any of the 4 million people that voted UKIP contact their only MP, they will very likley get a response, and this is why he will need more support than the average Lab/con MP's

I think the Tories are going to take on many of UKIP's ideas.. Or maybe they agreed all the time but were held back by the Lib Dems... Today's report in the press states that the Bank of England are now agreeing with UKIP that migration from the EU is an adverse effect on wage levels for the low paid. I wonder why they didn't say it before the election..

We are now in for an interesting time in politics.

I think the Tories are going to take on many of UKIP's ideas.. Or maybe they agreed all the time but were held back by the Lib Dems... Today's report in the press states that the Bank of England are now agreeing with UKIP that migration from the EU is an adverse effect on wage levels for the low paid. I wonder why they didn't say it before the election..

We are now in for an interesting time in politics.

If the Tories are so concerned with low pay,let them raise the minimum wage or enforce it on employees where it is being abused.The EU and migration is being used as a smokescreen for blame when they have the power to sort everything if they had the will to do it.

If that MP represents 4 million people wouldn't they need substantially more support than an MP that represents 20,000 people.

Carswell represents the people in his constituency and UKIP in parliament. UKIP voters outside his constituency are represented by their MPs. To claim otherwise is to argue that MPs should only consider the views those who voted for them and ignore the rest of their constituents.

Whilst a party with one MP will need more per MP than a party with 200 MPs the costs of running the party aren't comparable. e.g. UKIP need far less in travel allowances than a party with even 20 MPs.

If the Tories are so concerned with low pay,let them raise the minimum wage or enforce it on employees where it is being abused.The EU and migration is being used as a smokescreen for blame when they have the power to sort everything if they had the will to do it.
The Gvt has been doing so awhile, with naming and shaming of offenders (that link is not exhaustive btw, e.g. another list here).

And is continuing to do so. All FYI.