Ukip. All discussion here please.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/14/nigel-farage-facing-a-coup-over-ukip-leadership

Just imagine if this lot had got their hands on some power in a coalition after last Thursday......The UK has had a very lucky escape.

O’Flynn refused to name the people he wanted out of the leader’s team but it is understood that he and Carswell are gunning for Raheem Kassam, Farage’s senior personal adviser, who is understood to be out of the country at the moment, and Matthew Richardson, the party secretary. O’Flynn is understood to hold them responsible for the American-style attack politics adopted by the party during the election that may have alienated more moderate voters. Richardson is reported to have offered his resignation.

The election campaign was marked by a bitter division between the party’s Mayfair HQ and those who were in the tight-knit inner court of Farage – Kassam, Christopher Bruni-Lowe and a former BBC journalist, Sarah White – who accompanied him on visits and were at his side throughout the campaign. Those who stayed at HQ included most of the party’s press office, as well as O’Flynn and Evans, who gave London-based media conferences.

Speaking on Sky News, O’Flynn said the advisers around Farage “have an awful lot to answer for. There are a couple of people around him who I won’t name who are influencing him in the wrong direction.

“They have been given far too much influence, far too much sway, and have treated certain very loyal party staffers absolutely abysmally. Someone needs to call time on them. Those are the people I have an issue with, in terms of their conduct and advice. I am a loyal supporter of Farage’s leadership. I just want to get it back to how it was before this group came to prominence.

Edited by chalga

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/14/nigel-farage-facing-a-coup-over-ukip-leadership

Just imagine if this lot had got their hands on some power in a coalition after last Thursday......The UK has had a very lucky escape.

O’Flynn refused to name the people he wanted out of the leader’s team but it is understood that he and Carswell are gunning for Raheem Kassam, Farage’s senior personal adviser, who is understood to be out of the country at the moment, and Matthew Richardson, the party secretary. O’Flynn is understood to hold them responsible for the American-style attack politics adopted by the party during the election that may have alienated more moderate voters. Richardson is reported to have offered his resignation.

The election campaign was marked by a bitter division between the party’s Mayfair HQ and those who were in the tight-knit inner court of Farage – Kassam, Christopher Bruni-Lowe and a former BBC journalist, Sarah White – who accompanied him on visits and were at his side throughout the campaign. Those who stayed at HQ included most of the party’s press office, as well as O’Flynn and Evans, who gave London-based media conferences.

Speaking on Sky News, O’Flynn said the advisers around Farage “have an awful lot to answer for. There are a couple of people around him who I won’t name who are influencing him in the wrong direction.

“They have been given far too much influence, far too much sway, and have treated certain very loyal party staffers absolutely abysmally. Someone needs to call time on them. Those are the people I have an issue with, in terms of their conduct and advice. I am a loyal supporter of Farage’s leadership. I just want to get it back to how it was before this group came to prominence.

Nice turn of phrase there, when you consider that this photo of him. :hihi:

If the Tories are so concerned with low pay,let them raise the minimum wage or enforce it on employees where it is being abused.The EU and migration is being used as a smokescreen for blame when they have the power to sort everything if they had the will to do it.

I don't think the Tories are concerned with low pay at the moment. They will be when all the other issues are cleared up but that's way down the road on the list of priorities.

It is interesting that the Bank of England now says the same as UKIP. I don't think that they are too concerned with the low paid but low pay means less spent so less growth.

Edited by MikeFrank

I was just thinking is this something to do with the Carswell affair in relation to recent headlines... it all makes sense now.

I don't think the Tories are concerned with low pay at the moment. They will be when all the other issues are cleared up but that's way down the road on the list of priorities.

It is interesting that the Bank of England now says the same as UKIP. I don't think that they are too concerned with the low paid but low pay means less spent so less growth.

Bank Of England is not saying the same as UKIP:

Carney also played down the idea that cheap foreign labour was to blame for poor UK productivity and weak wage growth.

The governor said he wanted to “really dampen down” that view, arguing that a better explanation of weak wage growth was the increase in the number of British people willing to work. He highlighted a jump in the number of older people wanting to work, as well as a rise in the number of people wanting to work more hours

Bank Of England is not saying the same as UKIP:

Carney also played down the idea that cheap foreign labour was to blame for poor UK productivity and weak wage growth.

The governor said he wanted to “really dampen down” that view, arguing that a better explanation of weak wage growth was the increase in the number of British people willing to work. He highlighted a jump in the number of older people wanting to work, as well as a rise in the number of people wanting to work more hours

There are hardly any British people unwilling to work for a fair wage. It's myth. There may be people unwilling to work because the pay is not enough to pay for a basic existence but there's a difference. Its fine to invite people from abroad who will... by living cheaply in very difficult circumstances for a while... but at some point the pay needs increasing. Not only for the British but for all.

Its easy to get into the game of foreign workers against the British ones like this but in reality the British workers are as good as any in the world. We didn't build one of the richest nations in the world by loafing about all day.