Ukip. All discussion here please.

Correct but all of those years were under labour or liberal local council, funny how they can always find money/ grants for parks in areas where so called deprived ethnic populations live, you know the places where they all drive mercs bmws etc.

Yeah I know you will say I am racist, xenophobic whatever but what can,t speak can,t lie. GEt in your car and go see the park on abbeydale road or Aslyne Road, see how nice they are with all the latest equipment. Like I say voting Tory will not affect my life at the moment, may do in later years but I will worry about that when I have to.

If I was on benefits I would vote labour but as a working man the tories will always put more of the money I earn in my pocket.

According to the office for budget responsibility, which is impartial, the NHS, school budget, defence are receiving record amounts of money. The NHS choose to spend it on boob jobs, gastric bands etc and pay stupid money for equipment which could be negotiated right down but obviously somebody gets a back handler to pay high prices. Anyway you asked about UKIP initially and I replied giving my reasons for who I was going to vote for and why I was not voting for the others.

Correct but all of those years were under labour or liberal local council, funny how they can always find money/ grants for parks in areas where so called deprived ethnic populations live, you know the places where they all drive mercs bmws etc.

Yeah I know you will say I am racist, xenophobic whatever but what can,t speak can,t lie. GEt in your car and go see the park on abbeydale road or Aslyne Road, see how nice they are with all the latest equipment. Like I say voting Tory will not affect my life at the moment, may do in later years but I will worry about that when I have to.

Even the most basic analysis will demonstrate that you are asserting drivel.

Nice little park on Aslyne Road, now just go a little further along Abbeydale Road until you get to Millhouses Park.

Contrast the sizes, then the maintenance costs, then the demographics.

Or just look at where the biggest investment in parks, sports and leisure has been made in the SCC budget over the last 12 months.

Yes, it's Woodseats, not known for the size of its BME community.

Why don't you do a little research before you post and then you wouldn't look a fool?

The Tories are laughing their socks off. There's about a million and a half 2015 UKIP votes going begging, and almost none of them are going to move into the Labour column many of those 2015 UKIP votes came from. The Tories are thinking UKIP were brilliant. They were like this Stepping Stone previously Labour voters used to switch to Tory.

Localman you may well be right. Money invested in posh areas basically ( wonder where nick clegg and Sheffield council leader lives) is what you are saying along with areas I have mentioned. Unfortunately does not help me as I live the other side of town where we get NOWT other than a sports hall run by places for people that is so expensive that its out of reach of a lot round here. Parks have bugger all in them.

Blake you are also correct, I voted ukip and will do so in the local elections but Tory in the GE. Cannot abide the Liberals and Labour are a dying party so Tory it is. It may not make much difference this time but if the boundary changes push us with northern side of penistone then next time we could well have a Tory MP.

• 1 month later...
Guest sibon
The Tories are laughing their socks off. There's about a million and a half 2015 UKIP votes going begging, and almost none of them are going to move into the Labour column many of those 2015 UKIP votes came from. The Tories are thinking UKIP were brilliant. They were like this Stepping Stone previously Labour voters used to switch to Tory.

Seems like a good time to revisit this notion.