Ukip. All discussion here please.

All be it that Cameron is in an advantageous position at the moment ; trotting of to European leaders meeting in an attempt to retrieve some credibility , I suspect that he might just have left it a little late .

Maybe but what it requires is that the leaders be man, and woman, enough to acknowledge the need for change the they last few days may encourage them to do that and then effect that change.

If they do and Cameron plays his hand well then he may get much of what he wants though I don't think anyone knows what he wants. It should be possible to move the EU towards a more trade oriented organisation but if the UK is to remain a part of it then I think we're going to have to accept that there is still going to be more or less free movement of labour throughout the EU, though I'm sure something regarding ending benefit tourism and such like can be done. We're also going to have to accept that there needs to be harmonisation of some laws across the EU to ensure that the playing field remains level.

He should also be working towards broadening and completing the single market. If he can do that then the UK would be in a strong position to benefit but only if we have the courage to embrace the challenge. Of course, if we decide to wallow in nostalgia for some sort of 1950s fantasy world then we're sunk!

UKIP will never get into power in the UK. It's pretty obvious from the discrepancy between the local elections and the European elections.

UKIP doesn't need to win power to force the changes people want. They just needed to hold the balance of power... and now they do.

Maybe but what it requires is that the leaders be man, and woman, enough to acknowledge the need for change the they last few days may encourage them to do that and then effect that change.

If they do and Cameron plays his hand well then he may get much of what he wants though I don't think anyone knows what he wants. It should be possible to move the EU towards a more trade oriented organisation but if the UK is to remain a part of it then I think we're going to have to accept that there is still going to be more or less free movement of labour throughout the EU, though I'm sure something regarding ending benefit tourism and such like can be done. We're also going to have to accept that there needs to be harmonisation of some laws across the EU to ensure that the playing field remains level.

He should also be working towards broadening and completing the single market. If he can do that then the UK would be in a strong position to benefit but only if we have the courage to embrace the challenge. Of course, if we decide to wallow in nostalgia for some sort of 1950s fantasy world then we're sunk!

It isn't for nostalgic reasons that people want this country to introduce selective immigration and to ignore stupid EU laws that tell us, for example, that we can't deport foreign criminals because it infringes their human rights.

EU bueaucrats and left-wing politicians/supporters might like to pretend that these things and trade are somehow inseparable but they are not. Countries having their own (non-trade related) laws and immigration policies is not a barrier to trade but a barrier to the formation of a federal europe. Most people do not aspire to notion of a federal europe and simply want a europe that cooperates to facilitate trade. The EU needs to rein itself in and when it does people will stop ignoring the main parties who for so long ignored them.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 18:45 ----------

From the local election results and the Lord Ashcroft polls,Labour are on course to win an outright majority.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/24/lord-ashcrofts-marginal-seats-mega-poll-ed-miliband_n_5385186.html

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

Ask Ashcroft,he's the one predicting it.............what i am saying is that it would make a balance of power redundant,and Milliband in his speech today also goes against reacting to UKIP and pandering to their message,also it goes against claims that UKIP gains will make other parties adopt UKIP policies..........milliband rejects that:

Miliband indicated that he was unlikely to adopt new immigration policies as he highlighted the policy changes he has introduced. They are: controls on people as they arrive and leave Britain; tackling the undercutting of wages; ensuring people working in public services speak English and ensuring people earn their entitlements.

Ask Ashcroft,he's the one predicting it.............what i am saying is that it would make a balance of power redundant,and Milliband in his speech today also goes against reacting to UKIP and pandering to their message,also it goes against claims that UKIP gains will make other parties adopt UKIP policies..........milliband rejects that:

Miliband indicated that he was unlikely to adopt new immigration policies as he highlighted the policy changes he has introduced. They are: controls on people as they arrive and leave Britain; tackling the undercutting of wages; ensuring people working in public services speak English and ensuring people earn their entitlements.

It wouldn't be as enjoyable take his money as yours. ;)

Labour has backed itself into a policy corner that it can't get out of without it looking like a complete principle sell-out and potentially losing core support. This leaves Miliband searching for scraps he can throw at the disillusioned voters sitting in the UKIP camp and I can tell you now his scraps are not tempting! The Tories on the other hand have less of a journey to make to potentially satisfy the disillusioned voters sitting in the UKIP camp and they are not going to drive away core support by taking a fews steps closer to UKIP. The Tories are going to move closer to UKIP to win back the support it needs and I can't see how Labour can respond. Labour are in big trouble.

It wouldn't be as enjoyable take his money as yours. ;)

Labour has backed itself into a policy corner that it can't get out of without it looking like a complete principle sell-out and potentially losing core support. This leaves Miliband searching for scraps he can throw at the disillusioned voters sitting in the UKIP camp and I can tell you now his scraps are not tempting! The Tories on the other hand have less of a journey to make to potentially satisfy the disillusioned voters sitting in the UKIP camp and they are not going to drive away core support by taking a fews steps closer to UKIP. The Tories are going to move closer to UKIP to win back the support it needs and I can't see how Labour can respond. Labour are in big trouble.

The point I am making is that contrary to your opinion,that other parties would have to adopt UKIP style policies,Milliband has said.......NO............all he needs to do is to up his game,get the message across to as many of the 64% who didn't vote as possible to get them onside.If Milliband is indeed on course for an outright majority,there are not many scraps that he needs to pick up.

From the local election results and the Lord Ashcroft polls,Labour are on course to win an outright majority.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/24/lord-ashcrofts-marginal-seats-mega-poll-ed-miliband_n_5385186.html

The Huffington Post? :hihi:

I wouldn't even bother opening a link to that online rag. It's so blatantly bias towards the left it will write whatever it thinks people need to read to get them to not vote UKIP.

I bet they got a horrible shock when the people's army prevailed. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

The Huffington Post? :hihi:

I wouldn't even bother opening a link to that online rag. It's so blatantly bias towards the left it will write whatever it thinks people need to read to get them to not vote UKIP.

I bet they got a horrible shock when the people's army prevailed. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I think it's Lord Ashcroft who did the prediction,hundreds of media outlets carried the message.