Ukip. All discussion here please.

You need to make your mind up then,because there's a lot more to come in the future.:D

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 14:24 ----------

There ya go...............UKIP playing the race card again.:D

I'm gutted. UKIP is chuffed. ;)

Whilst I don't agree with legalising hand guns, it's so far down my list of political priorities I can't say it overly bothers me.

Regards

Doom

Hey,it's all Newark have to go on at the moment...........let's not belittle it.Maybe Farage has done his homework and found out Newark is the handgun centre of the world.Let's wait till when the result is announced and them good 'ol boys fill Newark with their rootn' tootn' firein' and shootin' in celebration.:D

Hey,it's all Newark have to go on at the moment...........let's not belittle it.Maybe Farage has done his homework and found out Newark is the handgun centre of the world.Let's wait till when the result is announced and them good 'ol boys fill Newark with their rootn' tootn' firein' and shootin' in celebration.:D

What's your prediction for Newark? I think you'll find your latest shock exposé will make little difference... you still don't get why people vote UKIP.

Will be very interesting though to see the results when voting for a seat in parliament.

What's your prediction for Newark? I think you'll find your latest shock exposé will make little difference... you still don't get why people vote UKIP.

Will be very interesting though to see the results when voting for a seat in parliament.

I'm not really interested in who people vote for,it's their right in a democracy.I am very interested in what politicians are saying and how they are saying it,and why..........because that reveals their agenda and their vested interests.

I am very interested in what politicians are saying and how they are saying it,and why..........because that reveals their agenda and their vested interests.

If you honestly believe that politicians reveal anytrhing about the true agenda they have been given and of their real vested intertests I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are in for a very big shock.

I'm with Mark Twain on politicians;

“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

and of course Billy Conolly

when he said that wanting to be a politician should automatically stop you getting to be one.

If you honestly believe that politicians reveal anytrhing about the true agenda they have been given and of their real vested intertests I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are in for a very big shock.

I'm with Mark Twain on politicians;

“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

and of course Billy Conolly

when he said that wanting to be a politician should automatically stop you getting to be one.

Well it's dead easy to see through Farage for a start.:D

Farage has served a purpose. He has made us more aware of the EU and its increasing political hold over the whole of Europe including ourselves.

China is slowly increasing its influence over the East and the USA over the America's. George Orwell's 1984 should be still be compulsory reading in schools but it is easy to imagine why it no longer is. It draws attention to a possibility, one that I do not think we would all want. Somewhat later than 1984 its true but the fruition of a prediction of that magnitude could be given a little slack on its timing and even 100 years would not be much out.

There have been calls to prepare Europe militarily to intervene in the Ukraine and annexe that into the EU. Then presumably and ultimately Russia itself. The fate of the continent of India is yet to be revealed.

As we seemingly head blindly towards Owells three state world Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia. National and cultural identities are being lost world wide. The squabbaling over Antarctica has begun. Already the US and China are making their financial bids for control of Africa, its natural resouces and its potential to become the major source of crops for the world market provide great incentives. China has already bought some of the USA. The US influence over Japan is not inconsiderable.

Perhaps it is time we made the EU revert back to what it was set up to be.. a Common Market for trade not a single political all controlling entitity that governs the whole of Europe. More and more corporations are comming under the control of increasingly fewer cartels; likewise the media. The freedoms currently enjoyed on internet are slowly becoming under threat. The moves towards a cashless society, almost everyone instantly locatable via their mobile phones. I can envisage with some foreboding big brother comming through our tv sets (or PCs) within our lifetimes.

It was the Common Market, then the Eurpean Economic Community and now the European Union.

When we joined we in a sense dumped our main existing trading partners the Commonwealth. Did we see the writing on the wall and abandon the commonwealth before it abandoned us or did our abandoning it force its collapse?

Not so much that I want out of the EU I want us to stop it's political influence entirely before its too late.

Edited by Tommo68

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jun/01/nigel-farage-ukip-schools-taxes

Handguns,now tax and grammar schools,Farage begins to to put meat on his bones.

He said the party was no longer committed to a flat tax and would make it a priority to abolish tax for those on the minimum wage, as well as cutting the top rate to 40p.

"What I can tell you for certain is that our biggest tax objective in that next manifesto will be no tax on the minimum wage – we've got to incentivise people to get off benefits and to get back to work," he said.

"Now, that obviously will cost money … I think a top rate of tax in this country of around about 40% is the one that will bring the most revenue into the exchequer and I think through the 80s and 90s we saw that."

He argued that bringing in more grammar schools would deal with a "shaming" lack of social mobility in Britain.

Edited by chalga

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jun/01/nigel-farage-ukip-schools-taxes

Handguns,now tax and grammar schools,Farage begins to to put meat on his bones.

He said the party was no longer committed to a flat tax and would make it a priority to abolish tax for those on the minimum wage, as well as cutting the top rate to 40p.

"What I can tell you for certain is that our biggest tax objective in that next manifesto will be no tax on the minimum wage – we've got to incentivise people to get off benefits and to get back to work," he said.

"Now, that obviously will cost money … I think a top rate of tax in this country of around about 40% is the one that will bring the most revenue into the exchequer and I think through the 80s and 90s we saw that."

He argued that bringing in more grammar schools would deal with a "shaming" lack of social mobility in Britain.

The tax-free minimum wage is already being delivered by the LibDems (although not completed this parliament). Totally agree with that and the reasoning.

Interesting that he is jumping back from the flat-tax, which was definitely going to hurt the Labour voters he has pinched in the last elections. Looks to me like he is moving to the centre rather rapidly in terms of policy :)