Ukip. All discussion here please.

I'm not disagreeing but sooner or later the Ukraine will side with one of the big states beit either russia or the EU. Then that state grows a little more.

I don't see it as Ukraine siding with anyone, I see it as them looking after their own interests, and as I said it it obvious that in a historical context it's easy to see why they want independence from Russia.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 09:19 ----------

No one makes anyone buy cheap goods or goods that are produced unethically..

No you are right, but if you had two similar goods and one was considerably cheaper than the others due to the very poor working conditions then it is obvious which one would sell, after all we live in the real world.

In a common market this would be an unfair advantage, unfair for the workers who have the good working conditions, but would soon be probably out of work, and unfair for the workers who are working in the dangerous conditions.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 09:25 ----------

Why should goods be standardised?

Poor quality or inferior goods will just sit on the shelf. I think most people are intelligent enough to know what quality they are looking for within the price range they can afford.

It's an old maxim; buy cheap and you buy twice ..generally.

I see it standardisation as a safety issue rather than a quality issue. For example if your purchased a toy for your child from a EU state you would know that that toy would be safe for them to play with. Look at the recent baby food scandal in China, where contaminated baby food was sold which led to an estimated 290 thousand babies becoming ill, 51 thousand of which needed hospitalisation.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 09:28 ----------

I usually check my facts .. misquoting fictional names is not going to be earth changing though is it.

Though it is a pity there is no spellchecker on here.

Try different browsers, I use safari and it's got a spellchecker.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-mep-nathan-gill-employed-dozens-of-immigrants-and-kept-them-in-bunkhouses-9485018.html

26 Million are after YOUR job,and UKIP will help them to get it.

He conceded “this could look bad” for a politician who campaigned on Ukip’s anti-immigration message, but insisted that the family firm had been unable to “find local workers to do the jobs”.

As director of the various businesses, Mr Gill oversaw the employment of dozens of people from Poland and other new EU countries and others from the Philippines.

26 Million are after YOUR job,and UKIP will help them to get it.

He conceded “this could look bad” for a politician who campaigned on Ukip’s anti-immigration message, but insisted that the family firm had been unable to “find local workers to do the jobs”.

As director of the various businesses, Mr Gill oversaw the employment of dozens of people from Poland and other new EU countries and others from the Philippines.

If UKIP took all their anti-establishment guff and turned it on the banks and financial institutions then they would have more legitimacy, but instead they turn on Polish and Roma fruit pickers who do unskilled work for minimum wage.

But I suppose you shouldn't expect any different from the Tories controlled opposition, and a party headed by a multi-millionaire stockbroker.

I just can't believe so many people buy this propaganda.

Edited by SamJ89

I know its not a political issue but i was out with the dogs just off Wood Fold and there was a huge pile of UKIP leaflets obviously dumped by the distributers.

If people are going to accept work they should at least honour the contract.

I know its not a political issue but i was out with the dogs just off Wood Fold and there was a huge pile of UKIP leaflets obviously dumped by the distributers.

If people are going to accept work they should at least honour the contract.

Perhaps they were the ones obtained by the liebore candidate,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644992/Labour-candidate-leaflet-theft-probe-Leader-Slough-council-allegedly-snatched-UKIP-flyer-door-letterbox.html

Maybe:hihi:

But this was a carrier bag full of them still banded together in thick wads.

Perhaps they'd employed East European migrants to to deliver them again and one had actually read one of the leaflets. ;)

Perhaps they were the ones obtained by the liebore candidate....

Unlikely as that candidate was in Slough. Mind you I'd appreciate anyone stealing that UKIP leaflet from my letterbox. The 3 candidates look like the Addams Family. The one on the left is a dead-ringer for Uncle Fester.

It also says Slough NHS is failing under Labour despite the fact that it's administered by a Tory/Lib Dem coalition.

If UKIP took all their anti-establishment guff and turned it on the banks and financial institutions then they would have more legitimacy, but instead they turn on Polish and Roma fruit pickers who do unskilled work for minimum wage.

But I suppose you shouldn't expect any different from the Tories controlled opposition, and a party headed by a multi-millionaire stockbroker.

I just can't believe so many people buy this propaganda.

People are not voting for UKIP because of immigration propaganda but because of their direct experience of immigration.

Arguing that bankers have done more harm than immigrants is a pointless argument because people prioritise concerns based on what directly impacts them e.g. jobs, housing and who lives next door. People can see and feel the problems causes by unselective mass immigration whilst the problems caused by the bankers (as scandalous as they are) are intangible and attributable to a faceless bogeyman they never see and is unreal to them.

People expressing concerns about their negative experience of immigration is nothing new. The main parties have ignored concerns and frustration with that has now spilled over into a sizeable UKIP vote. Telling people that their experience of immigration is not real but a propaganda induced delusion is simply not going to have the desired effect. Pointing out the many shortcomings of UKIP is also not going to have the desired effect. Only addressing people's concerns about immigration is going to win back the protest vote currently sitting in the UKIP camp. The main parties, and their supporters, need to wake up to this reality.