Ukip. All discussion here please.

Trade side of the EU appears to be largely ok.. I may be wrong.

Just tell the EU we don't want any of their politics or EU interference in ours.

Ukip would cease to have anything to do unless they really want to apply themselves to finding out what british people would like them to do about immigration and focus their political agenda on that.

Edited by Tommo68

Are these the foreign equivalent of UKIP?
According to some on here (me included), yes. Equivalent to at least the 'FN-lite' version of Marine LePen.

According to others on here (UKIP supporters, by and large), no. Because UKIP is allegedly not a nationalist party with xenophobic undertones.

Point is, this equivalence (or not) doesn't matter: when UKIP MEPs choose to form a bloc with nationalists/supremacists/xenophobes rather than integrate the Right/Conservative/Tory MEP bloc, all is said and done nice and clear about their motives and policies, really. UKIP MEP voters must feel so proud.

According to some on here (me included), yes. Equivalent to at least the 'FN-lite' version of Marine LePen.

According to others on here (UKIP supporters, by and large), no. Because UKIP is allegedly not a nationalist party with xenophobic undertones.

Point is, this equivalence (or not) doesn't matter: when UKIP MEPs choose to form a bloc with nationalists/supremacists/xenophobes rather than integrate the Right/Conservative/Tory MEP bloc, all is said and done nice and clear about their motives and policies, really. UKIP MEP voters must feel so proud.

Telling us the protest camp is dirty and run by nasty people with questionable friends isn't going to make us leave. Addressing our concerns might...

• What are the main parties going to do to curb the mass immigration of poor people who do not make a positive financial contribution?

• What are the main parties going to do about the EU imposing laws that are not trade related?

Any news on that front?!? :suspect:

Telling us the protest camp is dirty and run by nasty people with questionable friends isn't going to make us leave. Addressing our concerns might...

• What are the main parties going to do to curb the mass immigration of poor people who do not make a positive financial contribution?

• What are the main parties going to do about the EU imposing laws that are not trade related?

Any news on that front?!? :suspect:

I've no idea precisely what the main parties are going to do about either of those problems.

On the other hand, I know precisely what UKIP will do about them.

The sum total of nothing.

They will never wield enough power to effect any change, so a vote for them, other than as a 'protest vote' is a complete waste of time.