Ukip. All discussion here please.

Councillors get a salary now do they?:huh:[/quote

They get Allowance and expenses.

Always someone wants to split it hairs it seems....

]....Each Member (Councillor) receives a Basic Allowance. The Scheme also includes Special Responsibility Allowances paid for particular duties. Travel, subsistence, dependent carers' and co-optees' allowances are paid for undertaking “approved duties” specified in the Scheme. Expenses are only reimbursed where incurred on “approved duties” and relate to travel, subsistence and dependent carers’ costs

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/roles-who/councillors/councillors-allowances.html

Councillors get a salary now do they?:huh:[/quote

They get Allowance and expenses.

Always someone wants to split it hairs it seems....

]....Each Member (Councillor) receives a Basic Allowance. The Scheme also includes Special Responsibility Allowances paid for particular duties. Travel, subsistence, dependent carers' and co-optees' allowances are paid for undertaking “approved duties” specified in the Scheme. Expenses are only reimbursed where incurred on “approved duties” and relate to travel, subsistence and dependent carers’ costs

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/roles-who/councillors/councillors-allowances.html

Try applying for a mortgage or a loan on those allowances.

Try applying for a mortgage or a loan on those allowances.

Hell no. I'd never consider having a mortgage again.

But I don't think a getting a mortgage is really something that most councillors have to worry about.

Edited by Tommo68
spelling

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/10964479/Nigel-Farage-hints-at-Ukip-deal-with-Tories.html

"If I were Tory high command I would say there are a number of seats here that we probably aren't going to win but that Labour probably is going to win.

"If we gave you [ukip] a run in those seats the you would leave us alone in a lot of other seats that don't have those socio economics. I'm thinking the more middle class areas such as Dorset and equally suburban seats."

What Farage is saying here is that he doesn't believe that voters should have the choice or chance of voting the way they might want,ie,Conservative....................some power for him is far more important than that.

Edited by chalga

so farage (the man of the people) wants to up mps wages by almost 50% if we leave Europe Oo

And whats wrong with that? As most of the work is no longer done by our MP's they should now be having a reduction.However if we leave the EU then the work load will go up.

If Nige gets us out of the EU,then he will be worth every penny as far as im concerned.