Empathy? Do you have any?

I dont think this is empathy as such, but I have a knack of picking up on other peoples' negativity, and I find it quite stressful and draining sometimes, I find it hard to tune out and get on with what I am trying to do, and to stay positive :(

Sorry, are they being negative about you or are they negative about everything?

Because if it's the former, then just don't let it bother you (this is an important lifeskill you will pick up as you get older) and if it's the latter, then just give such people a wide berth. Life is too short to carry around other peoples' negativity on your shoulders (another important lifeskill you will pick up) :)

The only problem problem with picking up these lifeskills is that you must have lived through such ordeals first :roll:

Because if it's the former, then just don't let it bother you (this is an important lifeskill you will pick up as you get older) and if it's the latter, then just give such people a wide berth. Life is too short to carry around other peoples' negativity on your shoulders (another important lifeskill you will pick up) :)

The only problem problem with picking up these lifeskills is that you must have lived through such ordeals first :roll:

(in black) How could it be the former? It wouldn't make sense :huh:

Does this mean you don't have much empathy?

... or do you mean with experience, knowledge and time, it makes you less empathetic, and it is more relieving, so it's worth promoting?

-

I'm not sure if I misread your post. As I read it, it just seems deeply confusing.

The latter, they are negative about everything. It is unfortunately not possible to distance myself. Sometimes i feel like saying 'stop moaning and get on with it!' I just try to ignore it and counter it with positivity if I can, I think that it the best way to deal with perpetually negative people. Don't let the barstewards get you down, and all that :D

... or do you mean with experience, knowledge and time, it makes you less empathetic, and it is more relieving, so it's worth promoting?

I don't think the experience makes you less empathic per se... it's just that depending on your personal experiences you may see that some people are perpetually negative and you put yourself at risk of being brought down to that level.

Does this mean you don't have much empathy?

Good question :D

I'd like to think I do have empathy, but it's not limitless and I can ill afford to waste it on people who don't deserve it.

Your thoughts please :)

I don't think the experience makes you less empathic per se... it's just that depending on your personal experiences you may see that some people are perpetually negative and you put yourself at risk of being brought down to that level.

Good question :D

I'd like to think I do have empathy, but it's not limitless and I can ill afford to waste it on people who don't deserve it.

Your thoughts please :)

Fair enough.

Archived