No Voters. All discussion here please.

Well the announcement said it was a 'level' playing field - I have the democratic right not to vote as I do not believe any one Party meets my political needs. And no, I am not espousing yet another 5 years of a failed Coalition Government! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

If ya don't vote, ya can't moan! That's my motto and yes I always vote

Lets say you are given the right to vote about something very importation.

Your options are, you can vote to be hanged or shot or drown.

So if you don't like any of those options and you refuse to pick one, have you lost your right to moan about being killed?

Voting these days is like going to a restaurant and there only being Cheese and Onion, Roast Chicken and Ready Salted crisps on the menu. With the odd batch of Worcester Sauce flavour that has the odd surge in popularity then gets forgotten about.

Saying "don't vote then don't complain" is like saying that the restaurant menu offered a wide choice, even though all that was on offer was crisps - just with slightly different flavours in a blue, yellow or red bag

True. In a democracy, if you think nobody represents your views, then morally (if not legally) it is untenable simply to whinge and not vote - you should stand and campaign yourself. That would of course mean getting off your backside (literally or metaphorically), which some armchair spouters would find unpalatable.

I would not endorse compulsory voting, but those who moan about all the political parties/leaders might do well to think how hard fought the fight for universal enfranchisement was - and count their blessings that you can stroll down to your polling station in this country and not risk being blown up, macheted, or shot at.

True. In a democracy, if you think nobody represents your views, then morally (if not legally) it is untenable simply to whinge and not vote - you should stand and campaign yourself. That would of course mean getting off your backside (literally or metaphorically), which some armchair spouters would find unpalatable.

I would not endorse compulsory voting, but those who moan about all the political parties/leaders might do well to think how hard fought the fight for universal enfranchisement was - and count their blessings that you can stroll down to your polling station in this country and not risk being blown up, macheted, or shot at.

Doing something that is pointless is always going to be pointless, and not doing this pointless thing doesn't remove someones right to complain.

I never vote, complete waste of time, plus there's absolutely no one that represents my opinions.

I agree that any one individual vote can be less significant in some constituencies than in other more marginal ones. Where I live in N Yorks, voting Labour (even if that's the party you want) is, pragmatically, a waste since they will never get in. But it's a way of registering a protest, nonetheless and that has to be better than just moaning about it down the pub.Stand up and be counted! Then campaign for PR.

Archived