How anodyne are you?

Now, I know that some of you will have to look up the "A" word in the title. But I was wondering, are you inoffensive and bland? Or are you an up and at 'em sort of a person?

I'm the latter really. Which do you prefer?

Now, I know that some of you will have to look up the "A" word in the title. But I was wondering, are you inoffensive and bland? Or are you an up and at 'em sort of a person?

I'm the latter really. Which do you prefer?

I prefer the latter - there's nothing worse than doing a job for someone and they not care one way or another. However just because someone is up and at 'em, it doesn't make them right, interesting or intelligent it can just make them a gobby idiot - as this forum clearly demonstrates.

People who normally say things like 'I call a spade a spade', or 'I tell it like it is', in my experience generally do not receive blunt truths about themselves very well...

In other words they're good at dishing it out, not very good at receiving it.

People who normally say things like 'I call a spade a spade', or 'I tell it like it is', in my experience generally do not receive blunt truths about themselves very well...

Agreed. I usually find that they are also the most vapid and boorish of people who are so bessotted with themselves that they fail to have any empathy for those around them.

Rather like those people who when you meet them for the first time declare, "You'll either love me or hate me!" Well guess what? You've already made my mind up for me, thank you.

Phrases like that are normally just an excuse to be rude, in my experience.

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between anodyne and rude though.

Theres someone at my work like this. He starts most sentences "i call a spade a spade" then if any og the black people i work with are there hell raise his hand to them and say "no offense" then get on with his drivel. Thing is when someone said his new car looked like a pimps car he went all moody and didnt speak all day and that was only his car that was criticised (sp?)

Archived