Interview tips for mental health nursing

Good luck for it. I had an interview last month for the same course at Hallam and have got in for this September's intake. It was more relaxed than I'd thought it would be.

We had a lecture about the course, then split into subject groups for a group activity. After that we watched a video which we were asked about in our 1:1 interviews. The interview was pretty standard, I'd prepared for all sorts of questions but nothing out of the ordinary came up. Definitely worth reading up on Mental Health news, government initiatives etc

The whole event only lasted a couple of hours and flew by. Hope it goes well for you!

It's true, mental health budgets are being cut to shreds but every student graduating from the course last year found employment in that field. Also anyone starting the course now will be looking for a job in 3 years time when I'm hoping (perhaps naively!) that things will be looking better economically. You'd like to think that something as crucial as Mental Health budgets can only be cut so much for so long.

Yours optimistically!

• 1 month later...
Good luck for it. I had an interview last month for the same course at Hallam and have got in for this September's intake. It was more relaxed than I'd thought it would be.

We had a lecture about the course, then split into subject groups for a group activity. After that we watched a video which we were asked about in our 1:1 interviews. The interview was pretty standard, I'd prepared for all sorts of questions but nothing out of the ordinary came up. Definitely worth reading up on Mental Health news, government initiatives etc

The whole event only lasted a couple of hours and flew by. Hope it goes well for you!

thank you for your tips .. i went for the interview on friday but had not heard from them as yet. how long did it take for u to hear from them... the waiting is killing me:(

Archived