The same sex attraction

I know from an early age after watching Madonna, Sophie B Hawkins and fancying a girl or 4 at my School that I, well, I liked girls.

Some of my 'now Gay male friends' liked them too. So how does one change from liking girls to liking the same sex?

I visit Gay bars, In fact I love them! I sometimes get chatted up and some of them told me their whole life story. One guy I talked to many years ago was married, kids and came out when he was 37/8. Anyway he was 44 when I spoke to him, from South Africa and asked me the question ''So when did you come out'' I never really answered his question and wondered off. He saw me on some stairs and said ''I'm sorry it didn't work out'' He came to kiss me on the cheek and I was, well (Shocked) I went back to my hotel that night and had sex with my girlfriend at the time and was quite chuffed I could pull men, as I would females.

I see a good looking lad and admit it. I look like **** in a bucket when I look through a mirror. I can admit that too lol. I find my bond with other men strong in friendship, I just couldn't find myself attracted to the same sex.

I have no problem with gay men/women and always been ok with my friends who are.

There really isn't a question. It's more of opening up to the world of same sex attraction.

I suspect some of your 'now gay male friends' didn't fancy girls quite as much as they pretended to, for a variety of reasons which I'm sure we don't need to go into.

As far as physical attraction goes we have about as much control over who we fancy as we do the size of our penis feet.

jb

I suspect some of your 'now gay male friends' didn't fancy girls quite as much as they pretended to, for a variety of reasons which I'm sure we don't need to go into.

As far as physical attraction goes we have about as much control over who we fancy as we do the size of our penis feet.

jb

I suppose as teenagers they kept things hidden away for the obvious reasons. In junior school they showed interest in girls.

I suppose as teenagers they kept things hidden away for the obvious reasons. In junior school they showed interest in girls.

Perhaps they were showing that they showed interest in girls, rather than actually have an interest in girls?

Perhaps they were showing that they showed interest in girls, rather than actually have an interest in girls?

Hmm hard to tell in junior school is it not? As we developed in to secondary school teenagers I can see the pressures of why they didn't come out.

Would you say it's more acceptable now than it was then? 1990's teenagers. I think so myself.

I don't think sexuality is set in stone. In can fluctuate, it can change and there are several shades of grey between vanilla and brown.

I remember fancying Bryan Robson in the early 80's but I put it down to his perm.

People sometimes "live lies" before coming out but for others it's a gradual awakening or a realisation. For some they may just suddenly click with a person on an emotional level and the fact they are same sex is secondary.

Makes for an interesting world though.

Hmm hard to tell in junior school is it not? As we developed in to secondary school teenagers I can see the pressures of why they didn't come out.

Would you say it's more acceptable now than it was then? 1990's teenagers. I think so myself.

100 % more acceptable nowadays.

Interesting subject.

From a personal perspective it's a lot easier to be an out gay man nowadays than it was say 15 years ago. Though there are still pockets of prejudice.

Perhaps it;s something to do with what's percieved as appropriate to someone's gender, but it's probably easier to find straight women to look at another woman and hear them say "she's very attractive"; than it is to find straight men to look at another man and hear him say "he's very good looking".

Archived