Charles compares Putin to Hitler

I can't understand why people are knots about this. It was his opinion, he shared it with a woman who exiled herself way-back-when, comparatively similar to the native Crimeans Putin is currently busy chucking out to still further Russianize the peninsula.

He just said to that woman what most everybody else with half a brain knows, so what's the problem?

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the political and diplomatic ramifications, witness the Himalya the Russian media, that well-known and highly-regarded bastion of ethical, professional and unbiased journalism, is trying to make of this molehill.

But criticising Charles to the extent people are (and the media are trying to amplify), for just sharing his opinion with a woman having directly-relevant antecedents during a private chit-chat just smacks of apologism (for Putin) to me.

Putin needs firmly ostracizing by the global community (minus the usual realpolitikers...China, North Korea, Syria <etc.>) for his recent acts, until and unless Russia eventually makes good. Not doing so is simply inviting more of the same in due course.

I can't understand why people are knots about this. It was his opinion, he shared it with a woman who exiled herself way-back-when, comparatively similar to the Crimeans Putin is currently busy chucking out to still further Russianize the peninsula.

He just said to that woman what most everybody else with half a brain knows, so what's the problem?

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the political and diplomatic ramifications, witness the Himalya the Russian media is trying to make of this molehill.

But criticising Charles to the extent people and the media are trying to, for just sharing his opinion with a woman having directly-relevant antecedents during a private chit-chat just smacks of apologism to me.

I agree ^^

While he's on our payroll PC should toe the party line. If he go's off message, often enough, then he should be sacked.

This is just like the Tory party stopping funding for the Police Federation because they don't like the stance they take.

I expect the Tories to act like this because its a central tenant of their ideology. Bring it on, once free of the restraining straps we would really find out what they think. Remember- Freedom brings Responsibility.

Personally, I like a bit of individual freedom. I have a thick enough skin to put up with it even when I disagree. Unlike the control freaks who go into management, private, local or national, for the power-trip.

While he's on our payroll PC should toe the party line. If he go's off message, often enough, then he should be sacked.

This is just like the Tory party stopping funding for the Police Federation because they don't like the stance they take.

I expect the Tories to act like this because its a central tenant of their ideology. Bring it on, once free of the restraining straps we would really find out what they think. Remember- Freedom brings Responsibility.

Personally, I like a bit of individual freedom. I have a thick enough skin to put up with it even when I disagree. Unlike the control freaks who go into management, private, local or national, for the power-trip.

He probably is toeing the party line.

While he's on our payroll PC should toe the party line.
The UK has been working hand-in-hand with the US and Germany the EU for weeks and months as regards the sanctions put in place against Putin inc.

His opinion is fully toeing the 'party line'. I now await your approval that he should get a bonus for going above and beyond his payrolled duties :P:hihi:

.........so you accept that he is an employee.

Saying the things others cannot say - A very dangerous thing Charlie boy, you are being used and you will be damaged.

The more he enters the Public domain the more we think we can have a pop at him.

He's just a citizen like the rest of us. The papers stopped paying 'due deference' a long time ago.

I wish our papers would use their power and freedom responsibly.

.........so you accept that he is an employee.
No. I'm just indulging your analogy for the sake of a joke.

His and the Monarchy's statuses are significantly more complicated than 'taxpayer employees'.

Saying the things others cannot say - A very dangerous thing Charlie boy, you are being used and you will be damaged.
How so?

No. I'm just indulging your analogy for the sake of a joke.

His and the Monarchy's statuses are significantly more complicated than 'taxpayer employees'.

How so?

Not so funny now is it?

It's like arguing with teacher at school. If the Teacher descends from a position of power to mix it with the pupil - the pupil then see's the teacher as an equal -

and that will never do! (joke....almost.)

Not so funny now is it?

It's like arguing with teacher at school. If the Teacher descends from a position of power to mix it with the pupil - the pupil then see's the teacher as an equal -

and that will never do! (joke....almost.)

Can you please rephrase that in less cryptic terms? Not a clue what you are on about, sorry :huh:

I can't understand why people are knots about this. It was his opinion, he shared it with a woman who exiled herself way-back-when, comparatively similar to the native Crimeans Putin is currently busy chucking out to still further Russianize the peninsula.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the political and diplomatic ramifications, witness the Himalya the Russian media, that well-known and highly-regarded bastion of ethical, professional and unbiased journalism, is trying to make of this molehill.

But criticising Charles to the extent people are (and the media are trying to amplify), for just sharing his opinion with a woman having directly-relevant antecedents during a private chit-chat just smacks of apologism (for Putin) to me.

Putin needs firmly ostracizing by the global community (minus the usual realpolitikers...China, North Korea, Syria <etc.>) for his recent acts, until and unless Russia eventually makes good. Not doing so is simply inviting more of the same in due course.

You are, I think, being wilfully ignorant of the fact that he was on an official engagement accompanied by the media and was having this conversation within earshot of reporters.

It was not private. It was completely fair game. Made worse by the fact that the monarchy is not supposed to express political opinion in public. We elect a government to do that.

Archived