Cycling routes for road bikers

You might want to download strava onto your IPhone or other similar device.Its free and logs your Gps position elevation and speed each ride .

You can also search local routes that people use ,plan rides etc ,you may all ready have it seeing as you are a runner.

You could also try a few miles with Sheffield rec Cc they meet at Malin Bridge and go out thru Bradfield into the peaks ,avoid The chain gang until your fitness is up to it.

I use mapmyrun app and thats good. Gps lap times audible distance marker calories burnt etc avg pace. They do one for cyclists aswell. Good app.

agree Tobby, its a very scenic route indeed....I went for a 32 mile ride on Thursday and really enjyod it...I instead of taking left from Penistone rd, I turned right and went along the Mortimer rd...Its a very hillier road and I was almost lost...turned back and rode towards the Strines...a lesson learnt!

weather permitting, I'll be trying few more routes soon....

pls suggest me if you are happy to share some new routes for me.....

cheers

You were in effect doing the Tour de France route in reverse. If you had carried on you would have come to a hill known locally as "Deliverance" some sections are 25% uphill, wise move to trun round and head for the Strines.

There are plenty of other nice little roads in th area, and several ways to get from Bradfield up tp the Strines, get a map and and plot your route. half the fun of cycling is exploring new roads. One thing I like about cycling in this area is that you can do a 20+ mie ride, and never be more than a few miles from home.

Archived