Heeley, Well Road/TownwellRoad?

Can anyone tell me if these two roads are one and the same? Two of my ancestors were buried at the General Cemetery in 1874, their address was given as Townwell Road, Heeley. Seven years later, on the 1881 census the remaining family are living on Well Road, Heeley. Having scoured the maps for Heeley and not found a Townwell Road I would appreciate hearing from anyone who could answer my query.

Can anyone tell me if these two roads are one and the same? Two of my ancestors were buried at the General Cemetery in 1874, their address was given as Townwell Road, Heeley. Seven years later, on the 1881 census the remaining family are living on Well Road, Heeley. Having scoured the maps for Heeley and not found a Townwell Road I would appreciate hearing from anyone who could answer my query.

Townwell Road WAS Well Road.

I lived on Tillotson Road, Well Road ran along the bottom.

As you came up Well Road from London Road end there used to be some houses in a little side road on the right hand side. I can't remember the name of the road, it's now Pondsfords car park

Archived