'Deep Discontent' so what do you want?

And I think to myself...what a beautiful world...

...smile and be happy...tis only a bit of weather...

I never cease to be amazed at peoples reliance on weather for their emotional well being. I'm not going to criticise anyone for it but it does seem people are happier in the sun

I never cease to be amazed at peoples reliance on weather for their emotional well being. I'm not going to criticise anyone for it but it does seem people are happier in the sun

Some people DD...some people.

I agree with you otherwise. We live in a country with four seasons...sometimes in the same day...so to tell yourself that the weather is what defines your rate of happiness is to virtually make a pact with yourself to be down for about three quarters of the year.

Now that is barmy!

It is true that people are happier in better weather.

Even subconsciously its inevitable that people are going to be a bit miserable putting up with our weather, and the last few years have been very poor.

None of this raining for weeks on end while Tony was in power, getting us all spending up-to our eyeballs.

30% of people in Bolsover (who are in work) earn the minimum wage or less.

They need all the help they can get.

I used to live in and left that hole as soon as I could.

The people in Bolsover don't need help from the outside world, although I'm sure they'd want that easy option. They need to take the chips off both their shoulders, stop whining and realise that life is what they make of it. Blaming the Tories for the loss of the collieries and Coalite twenty years ago is wearing thin.

I used to live in and left that hole as soon as I could.

The people in Bolsover don't need help from the outside world, although I'm sure they'd want that easy option. They need to take the chips off both their shoulders, stop whining and realise that life is what they make of it. Blaming the Tories for the loss of the collieries and Coalite twenty years ago is wearing thin.

Did any of those posting ever work at Coalite or down the pit? I did, and one sure I am sure of, no man should ever have to work in such conditions to earn a wage.

Thank you Mrs Thatcher, for closing them down, I can now breathe easier.

You've heard of SAD I assume? It's your body that relies on sunlight to be happy, it's not some sort of made up thing.

You've heard of SAD I assume? It's your body that relies on sunlight to be happy, it's not some sort of made up thing.
Yes, i've heard of it, i'm quite aware that its a thing but I doubt that the vast majority of people actually have it. I'm just making the point that most people seem happier when the weathers better not that they are medically inclined to be so.

And I was making the point that we are all indeed medically inclined to be happier when the weather is good.

It really does affect your mood. It's not some sort of weird behaviour by people who don't like the rain.

So I guess you can cease to be amazed now.

And I was making the point that we are all indeed medically inclined to be happier when the weather is good.

It really does affect your mood. It's not some sort of weird behaviour by people who don't like the rain.

So I guess you can cease to be amazed now.

Prove that every single person who is happier when its sunny is affected by SAD or withdraw your claim

I didn't make that claim.

But to the claim that I am making, sunshine makes us happier;

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/sun-happiness1.htm

But evidence shows that those graveyard shifters may be suffering from the reversal in unexpected ways. One area where humans may not be able to escape the sun's biological effects is on their moods. It all comes down to a complex relationship among sunlight, melatonin and serotonin that we're only just starting to understand.

Archived